Train Ride to Dauntless

AU

Hey guys! Thanks for reaching my goal! I knew you could do it!

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter, the title pretty much decribes what will happen :) Anyways, since they are going to Dauntless, some characters fom the books will be saying the same things in this story from the book, so don't say I'm coping everything because that's not all true, I'm trying to make it my own but at the same time trying to keep it similar to the book.

Also, i wanted to dedicate this chapter to Lilspurs because she is very dedicated to this story and i want to give her a big thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Peter, his parents and I all got off the bus to the Hub. I never really paid attention to that building but now that I stood in front of it, I realized just how big it really was.

"Yo, what's up dude?" a guy said, and when I turned around, I saw that Peter was doing a handshake with another Candor boy who was smoking. I walked to his side and put my hand around his waist.

"Hey, I know you," I blurted out, "You're Jake, you're in my Faction History Class."

"And you're Florence, Peter's girlfriend." Jake leaned closer to me and whispered, "He never shuts up about you and how you're his girlfriend. And I have to admit, I am jealous that he got such a hot girl by his side." Jake said which caused a blush to creep onto my face when I thought of Peter talking about me to his friends. Peter hit him behind the head and mumbled him to shut up.

"Well, good luck, hope you make the right choice to live the rest of your life in the right place." Peter told Jake sarcastically.

"You too, both of you." Jake answered and gave me a wink. Before we could get in line for the Choosing Ceremony, I hugged Peter's parents and thanked them for everything they had done for me and left as quickly as I could because I didn’t want to start crying. They were my family, not Sebastian and Sofia.  

Marcus Eaton, a leader of Abnegation was doing the speech for this year’s Choosing Ceremony. I didn't even listen to a word he said, I was just looking at the 5 bowls and what they contained: one with glass for Candor, another with soil for Amity, one with water representing Erudite, one with hot coals for Dauntless and one with rocks for Abnegation.

Hot coals.

Dauntless.

My faction.

Marcus called up the first person, gave them a knife and the guy cut his palm, making his blood drip in the Amity bowl, and he went to stand in the Amity section behind it. I stopped paying attention after the third person who cut her palm and let her blood drip in the glass meaning she chose Candor, and then going to sit down in the seats behind the bowl. Then Molly went up, cut her palm and let the blood drip into the Dauntless bowl. Later Drew came up and did the same. After a couple of names, Peter went up, took the knife from Marcus, but before he cut his palm, he looked around the crowd and his eyes landed on me. His lips turned upwards and he cut his palm and let his blood drip into the bowl meaning he would become Dauntless. Only a couple more people until I could join Peter, I told myself. Soon, there were only four people in front of me.

Three people.

Two people.

One person.

My turn.

I walked up toward the stage after Marcus called me up, my heart pumping fast. I was excited to go, not nervous.

"Here you go." Marcus told me, handing me the knife, and I took it gratefully. When I turned my head to the side, I saw my friends and Peter smiling at me. I looked down at the knife and put it against my palm and glided it over my skin, letting the blood spill from the new wound. I thrust my hand to the side and the blood poured down on the hot coals as my blood sizzled on them. I did it, I'm going to become a Dauntless. My mouth formed into a smile and I walked toward Peter and the other Dauntless initiates. There were no more seats, and when I went over to stand behind the chairs, Peter grabbed me by the waist and sat me down on his lap, both of us not caring that everybody could see us.