I Can't

AU

I got some Fleric in this chapter ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into the training room at exactly nine o’clock that night. It took some convincing to let Peter let me come here but after a while of begging him to let me go, he agreed but on one condition; if he ever caught Eric doing something he didn’t like or something I didn’t want to do, he had the right to kill him. I had just laughed and left but I had a feeling that he wasn’t joking.

“Good to see that you’re ready,” Eric said as he arrived behind me as he held his black shirt in his hands.

“Why are you shirtless?” I asked in disbelief as I tried not to look at his body. He was goddamned fit with tattoos snaking around his body that it made my heart race.

“Because I was taking a nap and when I woke up, I saw that it was eight fifty-six. I barely had time to put on some pants to make it on time,” he explained as he started to put on his shirt. He turned his back on me as he went towards the doors to close them. That’s when something caught my eye. His back was bare on any ink except for one word at the top of his back in the center where one word was tattooed into his skin: revenge.

“Why did you get revenge tattooed on your back?” I asked and before I realized what I was doing, my hand was moving across his tattoo. I quickly pulled away when Eric looked at me. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have done that,”

“It’s fine, and I’ll tell you later. For now, let’s just start training.” Eric told me, making his way towards the center of the room where the fighting area was.

I followed him and positioned myself in front of him as I craned my head back to look at him. “Why do you have to be six feet five?” I pouted before I smiled at him.

“Six feet seven to be exact. Gosh woman, get your facts right,” he joked as he crossed his arms over his chest, pretending to be angry.

“I’m sorry, please; I’m begging you to not hurt me. I promise I won’t do it again.” I pleaded, getting down on my knees in front of him.

Instead of saying anything, he burst out laughing and so did I. We were so stupid sometimes, just like we were when I still lived in Candor.

After we calmed down, Eric got serious and he cleared his throat. “Alright, first thing is first, show me your fighting position.” Awkwardly, I bend my knees and brought my fists up to protect a part of my face and my chest. “Alright, now show me how you punch.” As instructed, I punched the air but Eric shook his head. “If you punch like that you’ll break something.” He grabbed my hand and arranged my position. “This is how your hand should be when you fight, not the other way around.”

I scoffed. “Well no thanks to Four. He could have told me that when we were practicing.”

Eric smiled. “Yeah, but what can you say, I’m so much better than him. And,” his smile grew even bigger as he put a hand on his waist and the other behind his head. “I’m much more good looking.”

I laughed at his pose and what he just said. Only Eric would ever do such a thing and it made me laugh even more. He was right; he was more attractive than Four, even with all of his piercings. People might disagree with me because he isn’t very attractive when you first look at him, but once you break down his walls like I did after months of knowing him, you come face-to-face with someone who is beautiful and who is worthy of being loved just as much as you love your husband or wife.

“Florence, are you listening to me?” Eric snapped me out of my daydream and I looked at him with a shy smile as I shook my head. He sighed and repeated what he had said. “Now that you have the right technique, you’re going to fight me.”

I looked at him, horrified. “With just one punch to my face you’ll have me knocked out.” My voice came out panicked. Eric was huge compared to me; he was seven inches taller than Sebastian and never in my life until the day we went back to get Peter’s bag have I ever been able to hurt him. And that was only because Peter had helped me. Imagine how hard it will be fighting Eric if he’s more than a foot taller than me.

“I won’t punch you in the face but if you ever have another opponent, don’t think they won’t.”

With that said, he lunged at me. I didn’t even have time to react before he tackled me to the ground as all the air left my lungs. He was sitting on me, pinning my arms above my head before I even had time to breath. I tried wiggling free from his grasp but it was useless, it was like trying to free yourself from under a bus.

I glared at him as he smirked. “You’re such a jerk, I wasn’t even ready.”

His smirk became wider. “Do you think that your opponent will wait until you’re ready?” Before I could answer him, he cut me off. “The answers no before you go on and start telling me stupid reasons why they would wait.” In the blink of an eye, Eric was off of me and standing up. “Come on, again.”

As slowly as I could just to annoy him, I got up and stood in front of him. I got closer and placed my hands on his chest. He stiffened under my touch and I grinned. “You remember that time you gave me a lesson on how to fight in the park?” I didn’t have to tell him where it was or when because he nodded. “Well,” I said as I moved my hands across his chest seductively. “I know what your weakness is.” Before he could ask me what I was talking about, I swiped my feet under his and caused him to fall hard on his back. I quickly climbed on top of him and pinned his arms down with my knees. “You get distracted easily.”

His signature smirk appeared again as he looked at me. “You forgot then,”

I frowned. “Forgot what?”

“That this actually isn’t my weakness.” As if I weighed like a feather, he sat up and wrapped his arms around my waist so I couldn’t move. I was sitting on his lap and my chest was flushed up against his. He leaned closer so that our foreheads were pressing against each other’s and my eyes shut closed. “I only get distracted when I’m with you,” Without any warning, he pressed his lips to mine, his lip ring pressing against my mouth. I didn’t know what to do right now but before I could kiss him back, I pulled away.

“I’m sorry, I can’t do this. I’m with Peter and I love him and if he ever finds out what happened, he’ll be crushed and I don’t want to be the cause of that.” I got up and off his lap quickly and  ran out of the training room before he could say anything. Tears started to appear in my vision and no matter how hard I tried to blink them away, they still came down.

I wasn’t crying because I was scared that Peter would find out, I was crying because of something else.

I was crying because I liked the kiss and I wanted to kiss him back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

AU

Ok, this is totally uncalled for. While i was writing i just started typing this and in the end, Fleric happened. I was planning on doing this during the last day of stage one of initiation but i felt like writing it now. I hope you liked this chapter and hopefully it was better than my last one.

Just to warn you all, i won't be able to update for a while because I'm going on vacation but i'll write while i'm over there and i'll update as soon as i'm back, promise.

So leave me some comments on what you thought of this chapter and vote of course, i would really like that. And I'll try to update as soon as possible.

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FOLLOW!

-Mrs. Gleeson (Or Peter's Wife ;) )

PS: Francisco Lachowski is really freaking hot!