I Need You Here Part 3

3/3

This chapter happens during the end and after Allegiant.

PS: Play the song at the end if you want it to make proper sense.

Alright, carry on :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat in the hallway of Erudite headquarters, waiting for Four - or Tobias, whatever his name is - to come out of the room where his mother was. My plan at stealing that vial from him had totally backfired, not that I was that surprised; I always knew that he was strong. I was just hoping he wouldn't have continued the fight. Now he was probably forcing his mother to drink the vial, leaving me to deal with all my problems alone.

I don't know how long I sat there, waiting, until Four came out of the room. I don't look at him until he's hunched over me.

I wipe some water from the melting snow from my forehead before looking at him. "Did you reset her?" I ask, hoping he was going to give me the answer I was hoping for.

"No," he says calmly.

He...he didn't give her the serum. That means he still has it. That means that he can give it to me...and I can forget everything.

I quickly divert from eyes from his. "Didn't think you would have the nerve." I say, trying to cover up my emotions with a snarky comment.

"It's not about nerve. You know what? Whatever." He snaps angrily and holds up the vial holding the serum that will change me for the rest of my miserable life. "Are you still set on this?"

I nod before I can over think anything. Though am I ready? Am I ready to forget about everything? My mom, my dad, Drew, Molly, and Florence? All five of them, the five people I loved more than anything, all gone in the blink of an eye.

"You could just do the work, you know," Four brings me back to reality, cutting my thoughts off short. "You could make better decisions, make a better life."

"Yeah, I could," I slowly drag my eyes back to his face, so he can see just how lost I am. So he can see just how much I need to forget everything. "But I won't. We both know that."

I see something change in the way he's staring at me. It almost looks like sympathy.

Now, instead of crouching beside me, he's sitting, the vial still being held in his hand. "Could you just tell me the real reason why you want to forget? Before we arrived here, when you attacked me for the serum, you said it was because you hated who you were, you hated hurting people and liking it and you wanted to change. But I know that's not the only reason."

I didn't answer right away. I couldn't with all these emotions cutting me from the inside out. All the pain, the guilt, the sorrow, the hurt; all of them were slowly digging into my skin and they wouldn't stop until the only escape would be death. I needed the serum just as much as a human needs air. But I know he wouldn't give it to me until I answered his question.

With a deep breath, I finally told him. "Because...because I don't want to live in a world where everyone I love is gone. Florence died in my arms a few minutes after you got everyone out of the simulation. She died for no reason; she had done absolutely nothing and she got shot. She was scared and in pain before death took her away from me and I couldn't do anything to help her but stay by her side until she took her last breath... She died loved.

"Molly and Drew disappeared after the attack on Abnegation. Either because they died or ran away, I'm not sure. I tried to find them but no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find them.