Not Working With Them

"Let's get out of here," Sara whispered once Nate told us Baron's location. She called out to Stein, who's still singing, and motioned her hand back and forth to tell him to stop. Finally, I can take this stupid wig off.

"Bless my homeland. Forever," Stein finished.

I tilted my head when I noticed Baldilocks crying as the audience applaud. "Wow, Stein made a Nazi cry. Never thought I could say that in a sentence," I said.

The general wiped his nose with his sleeve before he raised his arm in salute. "Heil Hitler!" he shouted. The other soldiers copied the man's actions. I tried to not roll my eyes when he walked towards us before giving Ray a curious look. "You did not salute the Fuehrer."

"Oh, yeah. Sure, I did. I'm all about saluting the Fuehrer," Ray lied with a smile. I wanted to face-palm myself because the man literally saw him not doing it.

This man isn't stupid because he said, "You're lying. I was watching you the entire time."

"Because that wasn't creepy enough," I muttered under my breath. I wrapped my arm around Ray and leaned my head against his shoulder. "You must excuse him for lying on my behalf. I might have roughened him up last night and now he's a bit sore." I heard Mick choking back a laughter while Jax looked like he's about done with everything. "He might have been distracted during the salute."

General Von Dipshit gave Ray a teasing grin. "Why didn't you say that?" Ok, gross. Hopefully, that lie works. The man stepped back and raised his arm again. "Heil Hitler." Or not. The man's smile faltered when Ray didn't copy his salute. "Heil Hitler!"

Ray didn't want to do it and that's something we can both agree on not doing. He cleared his throat and raised his arm halfway before choking, "H -" He kept clearing his throat. "Ha -" Another choke. "Ha -"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I'll do it," I muttered.

No, it wasn't the salute. I did what we all wanted to do at this point and punch Mr. Clean. Jax looked offended.

"Why do you get to punch him?" he complained.

The general crashed into the bar before coming at me. Ray stood in front and pushed the guy back before sucker punching him. One of the soldiers charged next and Jax tackled him to the ground.

"Protect Max Lorenz!" the general shouted.

I pushed Stein towards the back entrance. "Hide!" I said before turning around to punch the next soldier. I took that stupid wig off and tossed it to the side right as another soldier came to me.

He stopped mid-way and his mouth dropped open. "Oh, wow," he said.

I glared at him before grabbing his shoulders and tossing him over the bar. His back breaking the bottles on the shelves before dropping to the floor. Another soldier came over. My hand reached out and wrapped around his throat before I slammed his head against the bar counter and slid him across it.

Soon there was this loud whooshing sound followed by this bright light. I shut my eyes tight as my hands went around my ears when I could hear this loud ringing sound. If it's those stupid JSA people...

"What the hell are you doing here?" Steele asked. I spoke too soon. I peeked one of my eyes open to see Stein coming out from behind the curtain.

"We came back to...to rescue you."

》》》》

Why, why, why did the team decide to bring the whole JSA back on the Waverider? We could have done pick some abandoned warehouse or some sleazy alley but no the whole team decided to bring the douchebags here.

"If we're meant to be impressed by all this technology, it has the opposite effect," the Vixen asked with a not amused tone.

"And if we wanted your opinion then we would have asked for it," I snapped.

"It only makes you that much more dangerous," Hourglass commented.

"Which makes me wonder why we couldn't just save Commander Steele and leave the rest of you to die?"

Stein gave me a look to shut up, which I ignored. "Well, and there's evidence to support that, but I think what's important now is for all of us to stop arguing," he said and directed the last words to me.

I rolled my eyes. "They're the ones who want to start shit," I argued.

Rex asked, "Does your team ever stop arguing?"

"Fair point," Stein breathed.

I tsked. "There's a difference between arguing as a team to agree on something and being the leader's bitch who doesn't get to have any input about anything," I said, which Mick nodded to.

"I think what Martin is trying to say is we're gonna help you whether you like it or not," Sara clarified.

I scratched behind my ear before motioning to the JSA. "I don't think they understand you. They only speak idiot."

Sara wrapped her arm around me and covered my mouth with her hand while ignoring my last comment. "You're going after Krieger. We know where he's going next."

"And given the laws of temporal mechanics," Stein continued, "if you die, your grandson cease to exist.

"Well, I don't pretend to understand any of this time travel bunk, but these fellas do have a timeship," Steele said. "Might come in handy." The smartest thing someone has said all day.

"And having them as our back-up might be the only way to keep them out of trouble," Vixen said. I growled behind Sara's hand as I glared at her.

"Let's put it to a vote, then," Rex began. He raised his hand and soon enough everyone else on the JSA followed. I rolled my eyes when Sara, Nate, and Stein raised their hand. I didn't raise my hand because I disagree with this 100%. Sara knew my decision was made and used her free hand to raise mine. "The ayes have it."

I grabbed Sara's arm and yanked it away from me. "Count me out." I motioned to the JSA. "I'm not gonna be working with a bunch of stuck up obnoxious snobs." I looked at Stein. "You can count me out on this mission, Captain." That's when I turned my heel and decided to leave. Not before stopping beside Nate and whispering, "You might want to cover that cut up. I can still smell the blood."

Nate hid his arm behind his back as I continued to walk out.