Hulk Out

Fontainebleau Forest, 1942.

We finally found the Baron's caravan. The team and the stupid JSA were able to catch up with it in the forest. Right, when the caravan was in view Mick used his heat gun to blast the front of the car before the soldiers stopped in front of us. I flicked my claws out as we charged toward the soldiers. Grabbing the first one's throat, I lift the guy up and slammed him on the ground before bringing my other hand up to upper-claw the second one.

The next soldier went to hit me with his gun but I leaned far back, grabbed his arm, and broke it. While the guy was screaming in pain I grabbed his gun and knocked him on the side of the head with it. There was one soldier going behind...Stargirl? Starlight? Lady Captain America? Oh, well, don't care to remember their names at this point. Using the gun, I chucked it at the guard and almost hit the blonde. She did duck in time before it could actually hit her. I wanted to laugh at the look she was giving me.

"Don't give me that. I just saved your ass," I commented.

The blonde nodded at me before her staff glowed. My eyes widened when she hurled one of her starbolts in my direction. I nearly ducked in time before I let out a loud growl.

She smirked. "There, we're even."

Stargirl motioned behind me and I saw a soldier collapsing.

My nose picked up a whiff of the Baron. Turning my head, I see him running deeper into the forest.

"Ray, he's heading your way," I said through the earpiece before I punched another soldier.

"Great. Animal Girl and I are going after Krieger," Ray informed me which got me rolling my eyes.

"In the field, I'm called Vixen," Vixen corrected him.

I just had to comment and said, "More like Bitchin'."

Letting out a roar, I jumped onto the next soldier and brought my hand up and collided it with his jaw. After, I grabbed his shoulders before headbutting him into unconsciousness.

"Negative, Raymond," Stein said through the earpiece. "Our target is the convoy."

"We've got the convoy covered. Pursue the Baron," Rex ordered.

"The mission is the amulet."

"Our mission is Krieger."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "This is why I didn't want to work with them," I muttered as I kicked a soldier away.

"We don't have time for this," Ray said.

"Give me a moment," Stein began stammering. "I - I - need to assess the situation."

"Just let Ray go after Krieger," I snapped. "There's enough of us here to get the amulet. He can go after Krieger with Animal Girl."

"Vixen," she corrected.

"Like I give a crap. Just go after him."

Why did I decide to help them again?

As much as I don't like Vixen, I can actually count on her and Ray to capture Krieger. And if anyone tells her that I will gouge your eyes out and feed them to you.

This time I charged at a soldier and wrapped my arms around his waist. I held on so I could throw our bodies back. At the last second, I released him so he could go flying into his comrade.

"I've got the amulet," Steele said.

"Good work," Stein said. "Dr. Mid-Nite, Stargirl, Vixen and Dr. Palmer need assistance."

"Copy that," Dr. Mid-Nite said. My nose picked up a foul smell. Turning my head, I saw something that might as well be a human version of an alpha form. "But I think we have a new problem."