Finally

Satomi and I made it to the underground tunnels. I tried to run back for Noshiko, I can't believe I just left her there. She was shot and she's still alive. Satomi sat me down against the wall as I held my wound. Without warning, she dug her claws into my bullet wound. I let out a small roar as her fingers stretched my skin. Satomi kept digging around until her claws found the bullet and she yanked it out. I groaned as I held my side and started panting.

Satomi looked behind her before looking down at me. "We're in the clear. No one followed us." I glared up at her. "Morgan, we need to keep -"

I stopped Satomi by launching myself at her. I grabbed the collar of her shirt and pinned her to the wall. My fangs bared as my eyes turned blue.

"You killed Rhys," I sneered at her. The only decent guy at the camp and Satomi had to throw that Molotov cocktail at him. Not only have I lost a friend but Noshiko lost someone she truly cares about.

"I didn't mean to kill him," she choked out. I growled at her as I bashed her head against the wall. Satomi groaned but didn't fight back. "It was an accident."

"Because you didn't learn how to control yourself."

"But I'm not the one who got those people rallied up."

"Yet, I'm not the one who lost control. I get it was difficult especially with all that anger built up inside finally got out but that doesn't change the fact that Rhys is dead and we don't even know if Noshiko survived," I sneered again my eyes glowing more.

Satomi looked right into them. "You judge me for killing your soldier friend but your eyes are neither yellow or red." She leaned closer to me. "Tell me, Morgan, who's life have you taken?" I glared at her one last time before releasing her. Our heads snapped up when we heard people running from above followed by a small snapping noise. "What's that?"

"I don't know," I said before following the noise. "But I'm not going to stay here and wait."

》》》》

This tunnel is like one giant maze. Everywhere I looked there was someone screaming. I could smell their fear. Their panic. I didn't know how long I was walking with Satomi but we were trying to find a way out of this place. We walked down the small steps when I saw the small gate. I went to open it but Satomi grabbed my wrist.

"You hear that?" she asked.

I turned and looked at her. I listened in and heard the sounds of someone fighting. I heard a little yell followed by a clanking noise. I heard someone yelling before Satomi and I exchanged a look. We turned around and started running after the noise as we fully shifted. We skid to a stop when we found Noshiko fighting something covered in bandages.

"What the hell is that?" I whispered.

"I don't know," Satomi said.

We saw Noshiko using her katana to slash the monster but it looked like it did nothing to affect him. Noshiko kept screaming as she tried to slice the creature. I could smell the burn marks on the thing followed by the familiar scent.

"Rhys?"

The creature suddenly turned around and looked at me. My eyes widened as I see the bloody bandages covering its face, leaving nothing but a mouth opening. The mouth wide open as I see the razor-sharp teeth. Noshiko screamed again and was about to stab the monster before the thing turned around and caught her sword. Noshiko tried to pull her blade out but the creature got a tight hold of it. That's when Satomi and I ran towards them. She flicked her claws out and rammed them through the creature's back while I grabbed his shoulder and kicked his knee out. The thing started to scream. Satomi gave Noshiko a small nod before she stabbed the zombie in his chest. When she pulled the katana out, the blade shattered into pieces. Satomi and I let go of the creature while it fell on its knees. It let out a small growl before it fell on the floor. Noshiko took a deep breath just as a firefly flew out of the creatures out. She was quick enough to catch it in her hand.

"Wow, what the hell is that?" I heard from behind. Satomi and I looked behind us to see some guy in a blue button-down shirt. I turned around and grabbed the man before I pinned him to the wall. I growled at him while I showed my fangs. "You must be Morgan Hale?" I flicked my claws out and placed it over his chest. "Who is about to kill me."

"Wait, wait, wait," I heard from behind. I turned to see a certain Palmer.

"Ray?" I questioned as I shifted back.

"Morgan, you know this guy?" Noshiko asked.

"Yeah, this is Ray." Ray smiled as he waved at the two. "Ray this is Noshiko and Satomi."

"And I'm Nate," the guy choked out. "Who you're still choking." I realized I never released Nate. I let him go and dropped him. Nate started gasping for air as he held his neck. "I just got choked by a werewolf." He started coughing. "Cool."

I ignored Nate and started hugging Ray. "Oh, God. I never realized how much I missed you and your $100 hair cut."

"Thanks?" Ray said as he hugged back. Then I slapped his arm. "Ow! What was that for?"

"It took you long enough to find me."

"Actually, I did," Nate panted before standing up. "It wasn't easy, too. The Battle of Oak Creek is very hard to find in today's history books. I mean," he looked at Noshiko and Satomi, "what happened to you guys was terrible. But I've got to ask...what was that thing?"

"It was Rhys," Noshiko stated sadly before she looked at her closed hand that hand the firefly. "I - I was so angry what they did to us. I wanted to cause strife and chaos but I didn't know that it would use Rhys. I was stupid enough to summon the Nogitsune."

"A Nogitsune?" Ray repeated. He looked at me. "What exactly did I miss?"

"Nothing," I said as I wanted to leave this awful place. I hugged Ray again. "I'm just glad that it's over."

Or that's what I thought.

》》》》

A/N: I know this is a short and crappy chapter. I'll admit it feels a bit rush but at least she's back with the Legends. Yay!