I Guess They're Ok

I really hate the JSA. Sure, Sara said she'll talk to Rex about rescuing Ray and Amaya but I don't trust that she'll tell me the truth. So I decided to listen in on their conversation from outside the control area. Let's just say, I'm not happy.

"And we approach from the southwest, destroy the weapons lab and the Baron in one move," Rex explained his plan.

"Except for the last time we faced him, he took out both of our teams," Sara pointed out.

"The last time, we weren't being backed by a squadron of B-17s."

"Then how do we get Ray and Amaya out before the bombs start falling?"

"We don't." I let out a low growl. My hate for the JSA keeps growing and growing. They're no better than the hunters back home. "This conflict is bigger than any one of us. If it means ending the war one day sooner, Amaya would happily make that sacrifice." Oooh, I don't know who I hate the most Rex or Kate Argent.

"But she doesn't have to. Look, I know you and your team think we're a group of irresponsible losers, but I know Ray Palmer, and he has a plan to get out of that bunker. We just need to give him time -"

"Which means giving the Nazis time. I'm calling in the strike." How about I kill Rex? Seems like a better plan.

"I can't let you do that."

"You don't have the authority."

"Yes, she does," Stein argued. "Miss Lance speaks for all of us. I've watched her become the beating heart and steady hand of this team. She is the proper person to lead us." Yes, way to go, Stein! "And if she says that we are going to rescue our people, that is what we are going to do." And I take that as my cue to go. "I'm sure Miss Hale would agree with me also?"

"She's already one step ahead of you," Sara said. "Morgan, don't do anything stupid."

A small smirk appeared on my face. Two points to the Canary for knowing that I'm listening in.

》》》》

Finally, we get to kick some Nazi ass. While Jax and Stein took the skies, the rest of the team and I took the ground and headed toward their bunker. My eyes glowed before I flicked my claws out. I roared at the upcoming Nazis as I brought my arm back and swiped them. Then I dodged another soldier about to fire his gun but I tackled him. Our bodies crashed through the door, opening it, and giving Mick and Sara easier access. Sara began fighting the Nazis ahead of us while Mick punched a few. I got up and followed them as Sara knocked another soldier out against a table. She furrowed her brows as she picked up Amaya's amulet.

"Firestorm is drawing the troops away from the bunker," Nate informed us.

"Copy that," Sara said. "We still need to find Ray and Amaya." She looked at me and held the amulet up. "Can her get her scent with this?"

I gave Sara a look. "What do you think I am? A dog?"

"Yes," Mick answered. "Face it, Claws, werewolf is just another word for a night dog."

I glared at Mick. "I'm about to rip your throat out -" My head snapped back when I caught Amaya's scent along with a few heartbeats. "They're coming."

I led them the way. We barely turned the corner when we spotted Ray and Amaya walking with a few guards. One held his gun up and pointed it at Mick.

"Mick, look out!" Ray shouted as the soldier fired. He spun around and pushed the guard out of the way as Amaya flipped her guard to the ground. She brought her fist up and knocked the guard out cold.

"Thanks, Haircut," Mick said.

Sara held out Amaya's amulet. "I believe this belongs to you." Amaya happily took her amulet before the ground shook after a loud explosion. "Steel, Mid-Nite, we've recovered the rest of the team."