We Try Again

Nate was able to find all of us throughout history. I'm actually glad someone is a history buff or else...who knows how long I would have been in that awful place. I felt bad for leaving the others, especially after what happened to Rhys. I wanted to stay with Noshiko and Satomi to make sure they at least get out of Oak Creek. But I had to leave to be with the team. After double-checking that I wasn't bloodthirsty, Sara and Ray pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry, but so far I haven't been able to detect any historical alteration that would indicate Mr. Hunter was stranded in a time," Nate explained when we realized Rip wasn't with us.

"Uh, why don't we ask Gideon where he is?" Ray asked.

"Who's Gideon?"

"The mother of this ship," I explained as Gideon's head popped up.

"Greetings, Dr. Heywood," Gideon greeted. "What Miss Hale means is that I am the ship's artificial consciousness."

"Which means she can tell us where Rip is."

"I'm afraid I have no idea," Great. ", but I would be happy to play his final message for you all."

Wait, his final message?

"Final message?" Ray unmasked my thoughts.

"Sorry for stranding you all throughout history, but it was the only way to save you," we heard. We all turned to see a hologram of Rip. "Well, you know what they say, Captain must never abandon his ship. Well, neither shall I abandon to hope of seeing you all again someday, somewhere in time." It was like he knew where I was standing because the hologram looked at me. "Hopefully with Morgan not ripping my head off. As flawed and unruly as you are individually, together you are the best crew, the best team a captain could ever hope for. So...stick together. And remember, history is yours now, my dear Legends. Good Luck."

》》》》

I sighed as I leaned back into my chair.

"So, what do we do now?" Ray asked.

"We drink," Mick said before he took a swing of his flask. I held my hand up for him to toss it to me, which he did.

"It's not like we were exactly Time Masters, even with Rip," Sara said.

I took a big gulp before throwing the flask back at Mick. "Nope. We're just a messed up team that has an assassin, a werewolf, a criminal, a teenager, a smart geezer, and a billionaire science geek. That's one weird team if you ask me."

"But I think he knew that one day we might have to do this without him," Jax said.

"And we all heard his message," Ray added. "He wanted us to keep going."

"We have to keep going," Stein cut in. "There's a rogue time traveler out there somewhere."

"Not to mention Morgan's psychotic son," Sara said. "For all we know, he's the Time Nemesis whose idea of fun is helping Damien Darhk and the Nazis blow up New York City."

"Yes, because it was my intention to have Sheldon join the dark side," I said sarcastically. I motioned to my stomach. "And I'm not pregnant so maybe he was erased." Besides, I didn't catch Sheldon's scent once. And note-to-self, if I ever do have a kid...pick a different name besides Sheldon.

"Yet. You're not pregnant yet. We still haven't met the father of your kid."

"So, I'd avoid having sex with any guy to make sure that doesn't happen. Or people that might share the same features as him." Which won't be happening any time soon.

"Let's say that he is part of it. What's to stop them from going back in time and kidnapping Einstein and his ex-wife again?" Ray asked.

"We can't be everywhere at once," Mick said with his mouth full.