Ba Sing Se

7 Years Ago

No One's POV

In the Fire Nation Azula and (Y/N) were playing a game they made up in the garden. There were lines drawn in the dirt as they curved, went in straight lines, and crossed each other. It was somewhat like a maze with tiny circles and the goal was to reach one end of the garden to the other. During their game (Y/N) was halfway through as he jumped from circle to circle as it seemed like he was naturally good at keeping his balance. Azula however kept stepping on the lines making her go back to the start every time. She got more and more frustrated as the two played multiple rounds and she lost every time. Every time (Y/N) would walk up to her, just for her to lightly hit him in the chest as a way of letting out her frustration. When she lost for the fifth time though, she got really angry. When (Y/N) walked up to her she hit him the chest again, but blue flames came from her hands and shot out making (Y/N) fly a few feet back.

(Y/N) landed hard on the ground to begin crying from the impact. Azula looked at her hand as the blue flames died down. She looked at (Y/N) to reach out to him, but she brought her hand back when their mother appeared and crouched next to (Y/N) to hold him as she looked at Azula, "What were you thinking shooting fire at your brother?!" Azula fidgeted with her fingers, "I- I.." She could not say anything for her mother to point to her left, "Go to your room!" Azula got upset as she ran away leaving Ursa with (Y/N). 

Later that night Azula was sitting on her bed with her knees to her chest. The light was off as she had a blanket over her head, "Stupid (Y/N). If he'd just dodged he would of been fine. He shouldn't of even been good at that stupid game." She then heard her mother's voice in her head, "What were you thinking?!" Azula held her legs closer to her as she felt something for the first time, "I didn't mean to. It was an accident." Her door then creaked open for Azula to hear her brother's voice, "Azula?" Azula had her back facing the door, "What do you want?" (Y/N) walked in to close the door behind him, "Well mom said you were grounded, so I snuck out and came here to play." "Go away. I don't wanna play." 

(Y/N) then walked towards her, to hop up onto the bed, and pull up the blanket over Azula, "Why not?" Azula looked at where (Y/N)'s chest was for the boy to put a hand up, "Oh I'm fine. It didn't even leave a burn." Azula looked away from (Y/N) as she rested her head on her knees, "You should go play with Zuko." "Zuko's to uptight. Plus it's fun when I play with you." Azula stayed quiet for (Y/N) to think of something. He lit a very small very small flame in his hand to lightly hit Azula lightly in the shoulder. Azula rubbed her shoulder to look at (Y/N) who was smiling, "There, now we're even. I have no reason to be mad at you." Azula smiled a little, "You're really not mad at me?" "Of course not. We're twins. Through thick and thin, together till the end." (Y/N) held out his pinky finger, for Azula to wrap hers around his, "Through thick and thin, together till the end."

Present Day

Somewhere in the forest a large drill was heading towards Ba Sing Se. In the drill Ty Lee and Mai had their own rooms as they were doing their morning routines. In Azula's room the princess was sitting in her bed as she was breathing a bit heavier than usual. For her to frown as she let out one word, "Liar."

Meanwhile (Y/N) was heading towards a large dock as he was going to get on a boat to Ba Sing Se. He waited in line with Rody as long with his bow, arrows, and knives in a bag as he claimed it as cargo. He reached the ticket booth after what the boy could of assumed to be half an hour. A woman was on the other end of the booth, "Destination?" "Ba Sing Se please." "It'll be five gold pieces." (Y/N) looked in his pouch to find just enough to get on. He paid, got the ticket, and walked towards the boat. He was stopped by a guard however, "You can't bring that animal on board." "What? Why not?" "There's not enough room. And the only animals allowed in are zoo animals." (Y/N) looked at Rody to have the ostrich horse rub it's face against his. It was gonna take a while for the boat to depart, so (Y/N) took Rody away from the dock to take the saddle of him, "Good news buddy, you get to go wherever you want now." (Y/N) took off his reigns to take a few steps back, but Rody walked up to him. (Y/N) pushed the animals head a little, "No buddy. You can't come with me this time." Rody did not move though for a man's voice to be heard from afar, "Five minutes until all boats depart!" With this (Y/N) pushed Rody away, "Get out of here! Go!" Rody backed away a bit to look at (Y/N), to soon run away leaving (Y/N) all alone.