A Friendship Tested

No One's POV

(Y/N) was holding a sack of ice in his left hand as it helped his burned hand. The group was flying through the air for Katara to sit next to (Y/N), "Alright, let me see it." (Y/N) picked up the sack for Katara to make the ice in it turn into water. She used her bending to have it surround (Y/N)'s hand to heal it. It made (Y/N) wince a little for Katara to pause, "Are you okay?" (Y/N) nodded, "Yeah, it just stings a little." Katara continued to heal his hand, "Your hand should be better after we do this a few more times." 

Aang was on Appa's head as he looked down at the ocean, until he spotted an island, "There it is! That's Roku's home!" The group landed for Katara to look around as all they saw was ash and igneous rock, "But there's nothing here." Toph jumped off of Appa to land on the ground hard, "Yes there is. An entire village. Hundreds of houses. All completely buried in ash." The group started looking around to find nothing, so Aang walked to a piece of igneous rock sticking out from the main part of the island as it faced the sun. Aang sat on the edge of it to begin meditating. The others were left sitting behind him for (Y/N) to look around, "So uh, what now?" Sokka was laying on the ground, "Now we wait for Aang to get done meditating." "Well what do we do?" "Whatever we want. We just can't be loud."

An hour passed for nothing to of happened as Katara was healing (Y/N)'s hand once again. (Y/N) was looking up at the sky, "I see a ship." Sokka was doing the same as he pointed at a cloud, "That one's a turtle duck." Katara looked around the sky, "There's one that looks like Appa." Toph was laying down with her head laying on her arms, "That one looks like Momo." Sokka looked around, "Where?" Katara and (Y/N) looked at Sokka waiting for the boy to realize. He looked at over at Toph, "Do you have to do that?" Toph smirked as Sokka continued to look at the clouds, while Katara healed (Y/N)'s hand.

Some more time passed for it to be dark out as the four were now just watching Aang as he seemed to be moving in place depending on what he was doing in the spirit world. Aang squatted down as he seemed constipated. He looked like he was struggling as he scrunched his face a little. He then looked relieved for Katara to look confused and grossed out, "Do they have bathrooms in the spirit world?" Sokka held up a finger, "As a matter of fact they do not." The four soon went to sleep for Aang to meditate throughout the night.

The four teenagers who were sleeping woke up for Aang to finish meditating not soon after. ang told the others about Roku and Sozin's past. When he was done Katara was the first to say something, "You mean after all Sozin and Roku went through together. Even after Roku showed him mercy. Sozin still betrayed him." Toph put her hands on her hips, "It's like those people are born bad." (Y/N) crossed his arms for Toph to realize what she said, "Except for you of course." Aang put his fore finger and thumb on his chin, "I don't think that's the point of what Roku showed me at all." Sokka became confused, "Then what was the point?" "Roku was just as much Fire Nation as Sozin was right. If anything, their story proves that anyone's capable of great good and great evil. Everyone. Even the Fire lord and the Fire Nation have to be treated like they're worth giving a chance. And I also think that it was about friendships." 

Toph looked down at the ground, "Do you really think that friendships can last lifetimes?" Aang held Toph's hand, "I think that they can." Katara took hold of Toph's other hand while she took hold of (Y/N)'s using her other hand. Sokka had his arms crossed, "Well scientifically speaking there's no way to prove that-" (Y/N) hit his arm to stick his hand out to him, "Sokka just hold hands." Sokka held his hand for the the group to smile as they watched the sun fully rise.

Two Days Later

The group were flying through the air as (Y/N) and Sokka were looking at the map that (Y/N) drew up before. (Y/N) pointed at a spot that was nearby and on the edge of the map, "This place should work. It has a pretty big village, but also has a lot of large deserted areas." Sokka nodded, "Let's take a look. If there's a good spot then we'll make camp there for a bit. We might find an actual map of the Fire Nation from the village." Appa flew a bit longer until they reached the discussed island. They landed at a deserted spot to scout the area and decide that it was a good spot to set up camp and rest.