The School and A Friend

No One's POV

In the fire temple there was three children of the fire lord Ozai. There was Zuko, who was at the age of ten. He was an average fire bender who loved his mother as he also did everything he could to make his father proud of him. Then there was Azula at the age of eight, who was considered a prodigy as she could bend blue flames and learned lighting bending at such a young age. She was her father's favorite child as her own mother saw her as a monster. Then there was (Y/N). His father saw him as a disappointment as the child still could only create a few sparks and nothing more. He, like his older brother, loved his mother and spent a lot of time with his uncle Iroh.

Currently in the throne room fire lord Ozai sat on his throne while surrounded by a large wall of flames that constantly stayed lit. In front of him was a long table where many fire nation generals sat as they were discussing about what to do with the rumors of a water bender in the Southern water tribe. As the meeting came to an end the large doors were opened with Ursa being the one who opened them. Ozai could not be seen as shadows loomed over him, but his voice sounded irritated, "Ursa you dare walk into my throne room unannounced." Ursa walked into the room as she had a face of anger, "We need to talk. Now." Ozai stayed silent for a while until he spoke in his normal eerie voice, "Very well. Generals, leave me and my wife."

The generals bowed to leave as Ursa was the only person left that stood before the fire lord, "What do you want Ursa?" The brave woman walked closer to the Ozai, "I heard a few of the soldiers say that you were going to send (Y/N) away." "To a small little town. He'll be safe there." "We both know that it isn't for his safety." "You know what it will look like when the fire lord has a grown son who can barley create a tiny flame." "He is your son!" "He is a disgrace." "You're blind if you think he is a disgrace! He has the potential to be a great man!" "A great man does not create a great soldier." It was silent for a while as the crackling of fire was the only thing that dared disturb the quiet. Ozai then spoke, "He has had many fire bending teachers and he has made no progress." Ursa was quick to respond, "Then give him one more year." "He won't get better in a year." "His combat skills will. I watch our children play in the field. He is faster, more limber, and quieter than his siblings. Send him to the school Azula is attending in a week. If he doesn't show improvement after a year, then you can send him away." Ozai thought as Ursa did not break eye contact from her husband.

Meanwhile (Y/N) was packing his things as he was told that he was going to be sent somewhere, and he did not know where that was. As he was packing his sister walked in to look around, "Oh are you going somewhere?" (Y/N) closed a bag, "Yes." "And where are you going?" "I don't know." "You don't even know where you're going." Azula walked around the room, "Well I heard that father is sending you away as he is, hmm what's the word... embarrassed by you." (Y/N) was quick to get defensive, "No he isn't." Azula turned to him, "Oh? Did I hit a nerve?" Azula began to walk around him, "You think that being the fire lord of the fire nation, and your son can barely fire bend isn't embarrassing? Hmm, you may just going on a nice vacation." "Shut up!" (Y/N) was now angry as Azula was smirking for the two to look at the doorway when they heard their mother clear her throat. The two stood next to each other strait, "Mother." 

Ursa walked up to the two, "(Y/N), Azula, I have some news." Azula smiled a little as she thought that she knew what her mother was going to say. But was surprised to hear, "(Y/N) you will be going with Azula to a school that teaches you how to fight in hand-to-hand combat." Azula had a face of annoyance, "What?!" As (Y/N) had a face of joyful surprise, "Really?!" Their mother nodded, "Yes. (Y/N) you will be going to the boys side of the school while Azula will be attending the girl's side of the school." (Y/N) got excited while Azula became confused, "And father approved of this?" "Yes, now it's getting late. You two need to get ready for bed." Ursa kissed both of their foreheads, "I'll tuck you in when you're ready." She left the room  for Azula to look away from (Y/N), "I guess father thinks that you can be be redeemed with normal fighting." (Y/N) had a grin on his face, "Ha. You were wrong." "So maybe I was, but it still doesn't mean that your not an embarrassment." Azula stormed off leaving (Y/N) alone.