The Runaway

No One's POV

(Y/N) was asleep in the back of a cart that was attached to a horse carriage. He was just going to get some food, but before he could get off a man closed the lid of the cart and locked it. So now (Y/N) was trapped and it was definite that he was going to be caught. He laid in the wooden cell for an hour until it finally stopped, but that meant (Y/N) did not have much time left. He was weak, hungry, and sleep deprived; so what he decided to do was sleep and let fate takes it's course. The lid was unlocked and opened for an averagely tall, medium built man with green eyes, black hair, and lightly brown skin to look in. The first thing he saw was the sleeping boy who barely had any meat on his bones, "Now how did you get here?" The man picked (Y/N) up to begin walking towards his house as it was surrounded by a farm.

A few hours later (Y/N) woke up to feel something that he has not felt in a while, a soft bed. (Y/N) sat up to stretch until he heard, "He's alive." He looked to his right in a doorway to see a little girl with blue eyes, long black hair that was done up in pigtails, and pale white skin. To her left was a young boy with short brown hair, green eyes, and lightly brown skin. (Y/N) awkwardly waved at them, "Hello." The young kids did not say anything as they walked away. (Y/N) did not think much of it as he looked around, until he looked down to see that his cloak was off and he was wearing only his fire nation clothes. He began to worry for the man who carried him appeared in the doorway while holding a paper bag. 

It was silent for the man to not break eye contact, "Why are you here?" (Y/N) did not break eye contact either, mostly from fear though as the man gave off an intimidating aura, "I- I'm running away sir?" The man tossed the bag at (Y/N) for it to land in his lap. The man began to walk off, "Get dressed. Breakfast is almost ready." (Y/N) waited until he could no longer hear him. When it was silent (Y/N) got up to look in the bag to see Earth Kingdom clothing, "I guess I crossed the fire nation border. How long have I been in the Earth Kingdom?" (Y/N) put the clothes on to walk out of the room, and carefully walked through the house.

He soon reached a wooden staircase to walk down. When he reached the bottom he was enveloped in the smell of delicious eggs, pancakes, and bacon. He looked to his right to see a table with everything mentioned on plates as the children from before sat together. The man was sitting across from his children for a woman to set down a pitcher of milk. The woman had long brown hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. She noticed (Y/N) before she sat down, "Come on and sit. Don't be shy." (Y/N) looked at the family nervously as he slowly walked towards the table. He took a seat for the woman to begin fixing a plate by putting two of everything on. She set the plate in front of him, "Go on and eat dear." She sat down for (Y/N) to somewhat examine the food, but his hunger took hold of him as he decided to take a bite. His mouth exploded with joy as it got to eat something with flavor once again.

He began eating quite fast as he forgot how to eat with manners from the palace. The woman looked at him with concern, "You must have been starving dear." The man began eating as well, "When was the last time you ate son?" (Y/N) paused his eating to think, "Four days I think." The woman was a little aghast , "That's awful. Well you can eat as much as you want." (Y/N) stuffed his mouth with eggs and bacon, "Thank you Mrs..." "Oh my name is Jie." She then looked at the children, "That is my daughter Meifen and my son Zhang." She then looked at the man, "And this is my husband Hong." "It's nice to meet you all." "And what is your name dear?" "Oh, my name? Well um it's... Haruki." "Haruki, that is such a nice name." 

It was silent with the sound of the family and (Y/N) eating disturbing the silence. As they were eating (Y/N) looked around the room, "So are you all farmers." Jie nodded, "Yes, we make quite a lot from all of the crops and animals we raise here. When the time is right we sell what we have in town." "That sounds like a hard life." Hong nodded his head very little, "It is, but it's an honest living." The five continued eating for everyone to be done in fifteen minutes. Jie collected the dishes and went to clean them for Hong to stand up and lightly hit (Y/N)'s right shoulder with the back of his hand, "Come with me. You are going to earn that meal." He walked towards the front door and walked out as (Y/N) got up.