Before

No One's POV

It is a warm summer day in the Fire Nation. In the streets people were buying and selling all kinds of wonderful goods. Children went to school while men and women went to work or stayed home to clean. Meanwhile in the palace (Y/N) was also in class, but it was not like every other classroom that other boys his age attended. He was still learning how to fight from masters across the fire nation. It's been a year since (Y/N) came back (making him ten) and ever since his father saw how well he was in hand-to-hand combat. The boy has been training and learning to get better ever since. For six days a week he would train, gaining bruises, cuts, and burns for when he would fail or be out of his place. Fortunately he was able to have Sundays off, but that was when he would learn about politics and about the fire nation with his sister and brother.

(Y/N) however did get certain days off from everything, and those days were when he would go on a "date" with Mai. Once both of their fathers learned how well they fought together they arranged for (Y/N) and Mai to be married at once of the right age. (Y/N) was currently in Mai's room as the two were sitting at a table drinking tea. The two were sitting across from each other for the two to wait until they did not hear much from outside the door. When they did (Y/N) went to grab a blanket as Mai opened her door to see the usual guard standing outside of her door. The guard looked down at her, "May I help you miss?" "Yes, may you make sure that no one enters my room. You mustn't let anyone in until sundown. Not under any circumstances." "But what if you parent-" "No one." The guard hesitated for a second, "You have my word."

Mai then closed the door and locked it to turn to (Y/N) who created a rope by tying the blankets together. He tied one end to the bed post while Mai threw the other end out the window. Mai was first to climb out the window and slide down the blankets, with (Y/N) soon following. When the two were on the ground Mai made (Y/N) look at her, "Remember, be back by sundown. If you're late, then we are both in trouble." (Y/N) nodded for the two to separate and go their different ways. (Y/N) did his best to not be seen or caught by anyone to soon reach his destination. In her room Ty Lee was practicing her acrobatics to stop when an acorn hit her in the head. She picked it up to walk to her window. When she looked down she was filled with delight, "(Y/N)!" (Y/N) put his finger over his mouth for Ty Lee to put her hands over her mouth, "Oh right."

She looked around to jump out of the window, grab a tree branch, swing of to spin facing the other direction, grab another branch, and swing off to do a flip in the air, and land on her feet next to (Y/N). (Y/N) held up rags of clothing for Ty Lee to take one to put it on as (Y/N) did the same. They were able to sneak their way through the palace and into the city. They ran around laughing and giggling as they passed by multiple peoples who were buying, selling, working, or just walking by. he two laughed and giggled as they did childish things. Like messing with people by tapping their arms and hiding, which made whoever they tapped confused. As they ran Ty Lee's stomach growled making the two stop as Ty Lee held her stomach. (Y/N) looked around to point at a stand unoccupied catching Ty Lee's attention. The two walked over to the stand and grabbed an apple. Before they walked off though, a man grabbed their wrists, "You got money to pay for that?" (Y/N)and Ty Lee checked their pockets for Ty Lee to give a shy smile, "Sorry sir, we left our money at home." 

Hearing this the man seemed to get angry, "So you're trying to steal it! You little thieves!" (Y/N) shook his head. "What no, we just-" "I won't let you get away with this! I am-" A man's voice then stopped him, "Is there a problem sir?" The salesman turned to the figure, "Ah general Iroh. These children are trying to steal from me!" Iroh held a bag as he looked at (Y/N), "Oh that is my nephew and his little friend." The man then became fearful as he let the children go who ran behind Iroh. The salesman began to plea, "General Iroh I am greatly sorry. I did not know that he was your nephew. I-" Iroh brought his hand up, "It is fine. How much for the apple?" "Two copper pieces." Iroh reached into his pocket to hand the man the money. He then looked at (Y/N) and Ty Lee, "Come now children."