chapter eight

     The last exam of the week was done. Muggle Studies was Ella's last exam and it was surprisingly easy even if the anxiety still lingered in her gut. It was making her gut twist but she knew that it was done now and she couldn't change a thing. Remus was next to her as they exited. The two had been comparing answers for the past few minutes but now that they were out of the Great Hall. The groups of students who also completed the exam around them, she wanted nothing more than to stop discussing it.

     "How long are we havin' to wait?" Ella asked, looking up to him, "For the results?" She clarified, cutting off whatever he was saying. Though he didn't seem to mind and his gaze flicked from the floor to Ella's face. A small smile appearing.

     "Not long. We just got out of the exam, Ella. Take some time to relax," He said softly as he looked into her eyes. Ella shrugged and ran her fingers through her hair. She knew she was overly stressing and really she should just let it calm down for a bit but she couldn't help but think about. She wanted to know what she got, she wished she didn't have to wait so long.

     "I just wanna know my grade. You know how much these have been stressin' me out," Ella muttered. Remus nodded and then directed them towards the common room. The Great Hall would take a little while to be set up for the Feast so Remus could at least take this time to talk to Ella about everything that had been going on.

     "You didn't stop writing for the whole exam. You'll have passed, easily," Remus responded. Ella shrugged it off and then turned the corridor. The rest of the students were still swarmed around them. Footsteps echoing off the wall as Ella shoved her hands in her pockets. There were kids chatting loudly about exams behind her so she quickly spotted an empty corridor and darted for it. Remus not far behind despite his confusion.

     "Hey, what's up?" Remus asked quickly as Ella tried her best to speed away. Heading towards the door, it led to a quiet disused room with a window that had a beautiful view of the castle. She didn't even bother to respond until they were both inside. The window seemed to be open and letting a breeze through the room. The room was freezing but it was good, Ella could finally breathe properly.

     "M'sorry. I couldn't 'andle all the talk," Ella chuckled, trying to brush it off. The various answers she could hear flying around were making her second guess everything she had written on the paper. She couldn't deal with it, she needed the quiet which is exactly what the room gave her.

     "You'll have done brilliant, Ella," Remus said as he looked down at her. The brunette pacing across the room before finally sitting on the table by the window. Remus finally looked around and realised that it was a disused classroom. A dusty chalkboard and various desks and tables spread out across the room. He didn't know how she knew this room existed but he had a pretty good idea, "Do you come here with James?" Remus asked after a moment. James had been a topic that they had rarely discussed in the past few weeks and hearing it now of all times, made Ella huff.