chapter twenty-five

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.
( THE TALK... )

     When Ella woke up the next day all she could feel was embarrassment. All the way to her core. When she had woken up to throw up, the words of the night hadn't even hit her. But now as she blinked in the sunlight and heard the telltale scratching of Molly at the door to the dorm, Ella knew what had happened. She wanted the ground to swallow her but that was impossible.

     She rolled over and was surprised to find the bed empty next to her. A soft groan escaping her lips as her arm flopped over the edge. It was then that she saw Remus, sat up with a book in hand. His other hand holding a quill that he was using to take notes. Her cheeks only darkened more and she grabbed one of James' pillows, shoving it over her face.

     "Ella's trying to suffocate herself," Remus called to James who was in the bathroom. Peter was quietly getting ready and their other roommate was gone. Sirius had yet to return which just left the three Marauders. James walked out of the bathroom with his toothbrush hanging out of his mouth, a smirk on his face before he began to brush again.

     "I'm not," Ella said as she pulled it off. She then rolled onto her back and lay down with her head buried in the pillow. A soft groan escaping her lips as she decided what to do with herself. She could get up and face the embarassment or stay in James' bed all day and be fine in the blissful warmth, "I'm tired," Ella mumbled but it was incoherent past the pillow. Remus cocked an eyebrow as he looked over at her.

     "You're gonna have to get up soon. Class starts in an hour," Remus said and Ella whacked her head into the pillows before she pulled the covers over her head. She curled into a ball, protecting herself from Remus' gaze. It was hard enough having said what she did and it was worse having to wake up in James' room. With all the other boys, it was awkward.

     "Where's she gone?" James asked as he emerged from the bathroom. His teeth now brushed as he crossed the room to the bed. He then peeled the cover back to see Ella with her face buried in her arms. He chuckled softly and watched her for a moment before he leant forward and pressed a kiss to her wrist, peppering them down before he just tilted his head.

     "Come on," He said softly. Ella groaned and then let her hands drop. Her body flopping back against the best. He chuckled softly and pressed a soft kiss to her hair, "You need to go back to your room and get dressed," He said softly. Ella nodded and then glanced down at her outfit. She didn't really want Remus seeing her this exposed it felt strange.

     "Can ya hold the covers up so nobody sees?" Ella asked as she looked up at him. James chuckled but nodded his head and as she shuffled off the bed, he pulled the covers along. He then used it to shield her from the view of the boys. Ella pulled James' jumper off and grabbed her dress from the floor. The brunette couldn't help but admire her despite how he should be looking away. He always thought she looked so gorgeous. But she pulled the dress over herself and then grabbed his jumper before he could admire any longer.