chapter twenty-nine

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE.
( TO DUMBLEDORE.. )

     The grin on Ella's face had barely left all week. Her heart felt so happy after her date on the Tuesday night. They had snook up to the Astronomy Tower and had a small date with a picnic and stargazing. It was perfect for Ella and she hadn't been happier since. Her heart had never been so full of joy and that night she was very much high on life.

     Her arms were swinging by her sides as she walked down the grand staircase towards her prefect duty area. A soft sigh of content leaving her lips as she looked around the corridors. The architecture of the castle always made Ella wonder who had designed it. It was both intricate yet simple and it was only ever at night that she could truly admire it.

     The beauty of it as she walked down the corridors, patrolling down. She had yet to bump into anyone who wasn't supposed to be around which was good at least. She knew that the boys were in the dorm rooms well everyone except Remus. Lily and Layla had their prefect duties but they were on the other side of the castle. Ella would usually meet up with Remus but he had declined her offer that day. She didn't think much of it so was still left with a happy feeling.

     The quietness of the corridor was serene and the moonlight filtered through a few windows as she walked by. The sky was clear, a perfect day for Astronomy lessons or just stargazing. The moon was nearly full not which meant trouble for Remus but she knew that he had it handled. Nobody had been hurt by him since Kalia the previous year, not that he even truly hurt her. Full Moons had become more bearable but Ella still lay awake at night wishing she could help them.

     Her mind continued to drift as she strolled before she felt two arms around her waist. She hadn't even heard them coming but she could smell their deodrant. It was James, of course. Her grin only widened as she tilted her head back to get a look at him. Her eyes straining but she definitely knew it was him. His glasses were pushed onto his face and a mischevious smile on his lips.

     "'ave you come to distract me?" Ella asked as she twirled around. Facing him now as she rested her head on his shoulders. He shook his head and she cocked an eyebrow, "Well, you best be careful or I might just dock 'ouse points off ya." She added. He rolled his eyes in response and leant down, kissing her lips softly as he grinned a little wider.

     "You would never do that to your boyfriend," He shrugged before he let go of her. He walked a few steps back and Ella just watched him. The mischevious grin hadn't dropped and with Remus also denying to go on duty with her, she was sure something was up. Another date would be cute but she did not look good enough for that. She was still in her uniform and her hair was messy. She hoped it wasn't.

     "Why are you 'ere Jamie? If you're plannin' somethin', stop it," Ella said, giving him a pointed look. James rolled his eyes at her and stepped towards her again. He took her hand and held her close as he looked down into her eyes. Admiring her face. She was so gorgeous and the apprehensive look in her eyes made him grin just that little bit wider. It was adorable.