chapter twenty-three

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

( I HAVE TO FIX.. )

     Ella - for the first time in a few weeks - let James tie her tie that morning. She still felt awkward after making out with him to get the Map but she tried not to let it bother her. Her smile widening just a little as she looked at him. Honestly, she missed this. The small intimate acts as James spoke to his friends. Ella passively observing as his fingers brushing against her skin. He was clearly not paying as much attention and she felt his hands rest against her chest as he quipped back at Sirius. Her shoulders tensed and she waited for him to move again.

     His hands relaxing more and resting against her boobs, her very sensitive boobs. As it turned out, her period had just started so her desperate want to kiss him and emotional state was heightened by about a million. Suddenly making it difficult not to spill her secrets to him. Her hormones always made her all over the place in the weeks prior to it coming and James just sitting there with his hands rested against her was not helping.

     So after a minute, she cleared her throat and James looked back at her. The boys continuing their conversation, Ella glanced down at his hands. He let out an awkward chuckle, muttering an apology before he continued with the tie. Once he had tied it, he tightened it up a little but Ella was quick to loosen it. It felt like it was suffocating her. But as they quickly both discovered, she somehow managed to undo it completely.

     "Was that on purpose?" He asked as he cocked an eyebrow. He then shuffled closer on the stool. Ella rolling her eyes at him.

     "Trust me, it wasn't. My boobs are sensitive enough without your hands being near them," Ella responded. James paused for a moment before he realised what she meant. He then took the tie off her and put over his own head, tying it on him to avoid her any discomfort.

     "Explains your mood-swings," James responded and Ella nodded. She watched him tie it and then pull it over his head, "You should spell it to be self-tying," He said as he placed it around her neck. Ella shrugged and then adjusted her tie before pulling her jumper over her head. A soft sigh escaping her lips as she pulled her cloak on too.

     "I did that once, it strangled me," Ella chuckled softly. James nodded, remembering it clearly. A smile spreading across his face, "It was not funny," Ella muttered, pouting. James shrugged and Ella rolled her eyes. She then stood up, "I'm goin' to my friends," Ella said before she turned away from James and headed down to her seat. She sat down next to Layla, her gut twisting in anxiety. She had used James to get the Marauders Map. She really should be avoiding him especially with her new-found ridiculous mood swings.

     "So you're talking again?" Lily asked as Ella sat down. She shrugged and grabbed a piece of toast from the side. She buttered it and then took a bite from it. Layla deciding to speak up on behalf of the other girl.

     "They're making out again too it seems," Layla said and Ella whacked the brunette's arm. A pout on her lips, tears practically brimming her waterline. She blinked the tears away, feeling suddenly ridiculously exposed. Her period was really ruining her day.