chapter sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
( THE UNEXPECTED.. )

     The last lesson before lunch was about to be over and Ella was sat in transfiguration. Sirius and Lily were the two that happened to be in her class. The shaggy-haired boy sat behind her which frankly Ella thought was a fate far worse than death. His constant prodding on her shoulder or head was the bane of her life. And as Ella was finishing making her notes, she felt a familiar tug.

     A soft sigh escaped her lips as she turned back to face Sirius. Since her and James' argument at Christmas, he had mostly left her alone in class but it seemed that today would not be one of those days. Sirius smirked when he realised he got her attention, her eyebrows furrowing.

     "What is it, Black?"

     "How did you do that? What's the spell?" Sirius asked, gesturing to her transfigured book. Ella tilted her head slightly, the disappointed look spreading across her face. He gave her a friendly smile and she sighed, whispering it to him. He grinned and then scribbled it down in his notes, taking his wand out. He then tapped his own transfigured book and was able to transform it back to the quill it once was, "Thanks," He grinned as he went back to note taking.

     "What have I told the two of you about sharing answers!" McGonagall said, her voice startling the brunette who's head whipped around to look up at her transfiguration teacher. She tried her best to act natural and gave her the best apologetic look she could as she moved to sit normally, "Do I need to take points off of Gryffindor?" She added. A few of their classmates - Lily included - were now watching though pretending to continue their notes.

     "Oh come on, Minnie. I just forgot the spell. I'll know it by next week. Promise." Sirius said as he looked up at her. His usually carefree attitude not even wavering despite the threat. Sirius had already lost them far too many house points in the past year and it was only February. Ella could not afford him to lose anymore.

     "I'd hope so because you're being tested on it." McGonagall said before she turned around and walked to the front of the class. She quickly began her end of class spiel, going on as she always did. Ella noted down any reminders for homework or work and then packed her things away. Sirius doing the same but at a faster pace than normal. He seemed he was trying to keep up with Ella.

     As she slung her satchel over her shoulder, that seemed to be confirmed. Sirius rushing to shove his things away before he caught up with her. She slowed down slightly for him, allowing him to walk next to her as they excited through the large door. Lily was a few students behind talking to her seat partner but seemed to catch up with them relatively quickly.

     "I heard about your chat with James, El," Sirius said. Lily appearing next to Ella right at that moment. The girls had yet to find out about her conversation with James but now it seemed she would have no choice but to let them know. Or at least Lily would know.