interlude: what now?

INTERLUDE

INTERLUDE.
( WHAT NOW?..)

James woke up the next day with an awful headache. His hand fell over his face as he squeezed his eyes shut. It felt someone was bashing his head with a sledgehammer. His head throbbing as he let out a soft groan of pain. He rolled over onto his front, his covers riding down his back as he tried to get comfortable again. If he fell back asleep, he could at least pretend he didn't have a hangover.

But as he rested his head down again, the curtains around his bed opened and Remus appeared. A smile on his face as he let in the early morning sunlight. James' eyes squeeze shut again as he buried his face fully into the pillow. Remus chuckled and knelt down, holding the potion in his hand.

"Come on, James. You need to get down to breakfast," Remus said as he held out the hangover potion that the boys often horded. It was more of Remus' choice since he'd decided that he didn't want to have to keep asking Slughorn to use the potions class outside of class to constantly brew them every day. A batch always worked better.

"Nope," He muttered and Remus rolled his eyes. He grabbed the class from the side and poured the potion inside before leaving it. He then crossed to the other side of James' bed and opened the rest of the curtains. He had no escape now and James just sighed, turning over onto his back. A soft sigh escaped her lips before he pushed himself to sit up. He felt awful.

He sat against the headboard as he took the glass, glaring down at the potion before downing it all in one. He gagged slightly once he'd gotten it all down and pulled a face of disgust before he just rested back. His eyes closing again, the memories of the previous night were now haunting him. That was obvious to Remus who didn't even know what had happened. Ella had failed to say a word about it.

"What did you do last night?" Remus asked as he pulled his pants on. James waved his hand in dismissal and Remus just watched him. Wanting to know what had happened, he wasn't going to relent. James knew that much.

"He kissed Ella," Sirius said as he came in from the bathroom. James looked up, narrowing his eyes before Sirius shrugged in response. Remus sighed at Sirius' words and then took his tie from the floor. He tied it quickly and James finally dragged himself out of bed. He pulled his pyjama pants off and changed his boxers before he dressed in his uniform. He was already feeling stupid about the decision.

"I told you to send that letter first," Remus said and James nodded. He was still moving sluggishly as he slowly buttoned his shirt up. A soft sigh escaping his lips before he just moved to sit on top of his trunk. He really just needed to get himself together. Before the hangover and the awful sleep he'd been getting, he was only beginning to feel worse.

"I gave it to her didn't I?" James snapped though there really wasn't a hint of annoyance. He was just tired and in pain. The potion was working but it was slow. Sirius rolled his eyes at James and pulled the rest of his clothes on. He then called to Peter who was sat on the bed, the pair of them leaving the room. Their other roommate was already gone by now.

"Yeah after I reminded you," Remus said. James nodded and then pushed his fingers through his messy bed-head. He didn't have the energy to look as presentable as usual. People would just have to deal with him looking messy but Ella always seemed to prefer that.

"I just... I shouldn't have kissed her. I wanted her to know that I bloody love her first. I've fucked this up again," James said as he pulled his tie on. He practically strangled himself with how tightly he did it. Remus shook his head as he leant against the edge of the bed. He watched his friend struggle for a moment before James managed to get it.

"I don't think you've messed it up. Tell her how you feel. Just let her move it forward if you're scared of messing it up. She has the letter. There's not much else you can do. Address the kiss if she does. It'll be alright, Prongs," Remus advised and James nodded. He ran his hands over his face, taking a long deep breath. This was fine. He could do this. A smile appeared on his lips as he tried to act okay.

"Alright, we'll do that..." James said, nodding his head a little. Remus smiled back and James pulled his jumper on. He waved his wand to pack his bag and then grabbed his cloak. He pulled that on and grabbed his bag, pulling It over his shoulder. The two of them then left the Gryffindor Tower and headed towards the Great Hall.

***

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ! three updates in a day?? what?? what is this?? not gonna lie, just got this idea while i'm procrastinating schoolwork so that's where this came from ngl, im meant to be doing an essay plan but just ain't doing it lmao, so here's this. it came to my brain and now it's here and it's written so enjoy :))) 

 it came to my brain and now it's here and it's written so enjoy :)))