chapter twenty-seven

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN( INTIMACY

( INTIMACY.. )

    Saturday morning rolled around quickly and much to Ella's annoyance, she couldn't spend the night snuggled up to James. Instead, she was sprawled across her own bed. One of his jumpers on and the school jumper she needed to give back to him in her grasp. They smelt more of her now but she was comforted just knowing that they belonged to him.

Her eyes blinked open and she rolled over to find that Molly had left her during the night, probably having gone to get food for the day. Ella then glanced around the dorm to find that the curtains on everyone's bed were closed and she glanced over at the window to see that it was still dark outside. A soft groan left her lips as she pushed herself to sit up.

"Lumos," Ella muttered softly once she had a hold of her wand. The light from her wand meant she was just about able to make out the time on the clock across the room. It was 4:30am. The time she would usually wake up most days. A soft sigh escaped her lips and she let the light die out before she rolled out of bed. She stretched her arms out and rather than changing, she just grabbed her ancient runes textbook.

If she needed to study more to make sure that she passed, she would do that before anything else so she could go downstairs and just read. The Common Room would be quiet so that meant it would be peaceful and the perfect environment to learn. Ella pulled down her shorts as she yawned, heading towards the door. She pulled the door open and stepped out.

The chilly morning air causing goosebumps to shoot across her skin. A shiver running up her spine as she quietly closed the doors behind her. Her bare-feet slapped against the stairs as she walked down. Ella pulled her wand out and mumbled 'Incendio' tiredly, the wood catching fire. Ella then grabbed the armchair and dragged it across the room to be near the window once again. She wanted to watch the sunrise whenever it did so.

Ella plopped down into the cushy chair, practically being swallowed by it as she got comfortable. Hiding her feet underneath herself so her toes didn't get too cold. Her fingers then flicked through the pages of the book as she tried to find where she had last left off. She needed to do some brushing up on her OWL knowledge and that was her first task of the day.

The quietness filled the room and wrapped around Ella as the day went on. The night slowly giving way to the sun. It rose in the distance and Ella only noticed when she saw the first ray across the page of her book. The brunette grinned and was quick to look up, just about able to make out the rising sun between the hills surrounding Hogwarts.

A soft smile appeared on her lips as the sun finally broke through the window, shining on her face. The warmth it sent across her skin was something that she knew never could be beaten. Nothing could ever be better than the feeling of a new day beginning. She heard footsteps and when she glanced back, she saw James. A lopsided smile on his sleepy features and his hair messy from waking up. He grinned when he saw her.