Chapter Seventeen

'Taehyung I dunno what to cheer, or how to congratulate him after! He's gonna think I'm a right non-athletic dumbass at this rate' yoongi whines into his knees. Taehyung sits with his arm round his shoulder.
'Jeez, I thought I'd convinced you it would all be okay earlier but looks like you've gotten even more nervous. Right just sit back, and do what I do okay? And nothing more, you'll be fine. Just do what I do.'
'Do what you do... Do what you do... Okay, yeah, yeah I can do that' yoongi takes in deep breaths.
'Yeah! I can' he smiles.
Taehyung smiles back.
'Good good, well let's get to the others, match starts soon'
The two wander off to sit with their friends.

Annddd the whistle is blown!
The two teams begin to lunge for the ball. Yoongi watches fascinated. He'd never really been interested in football but let's just say, the right person doing it can make it more enjoyable. He realises why others admire Jungkook so much. He really was quite impressive. He watches as he almost effortlessly tackles the ball from the opposite team and swiftly passes to his teammates. Yoongi feels himself get more and more anxious as the other team nears the goal. Then out of nowhere, jungkook steals the ball like a sly fox. Yoongi jumps up and cheers loudly.

'Woooo, go on jungkook!'
That's when it strikes him.
Everyone else was sat down and now looking at him.
'Shit... ' he mumbles. Even Jungkook stands still and looks up. However, Yoongi wasn't going to let this embarrass him. He continues to cheer looking at the people around him with a 'what you gonna do about it?' Look. Taehyung notices and stands up too, to encourage his best friend. He too starts cheering like mad. Yoongi looks at him and they share a grin before continuing to shout and laugh. Everyone watches them pretty much mortified but then Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin and Jin also stand up and join in. The group is laughing and screaming. Jungkook smiles and feels extra motivation in him and plays even better than before. As people stare at the friend group in horror, Yoongi just flips them all off with his middle finger.
'Suck on that, punk' he shouts laughing. The rest laugh and more people join in cheering.

The rest of the game is filled with loud cheers for both teams and it was wild. The cheering boosted the game onwards and breathed life into it almost. And to think the boy who'd never showed any interest in football whatsoever had caused this was incredible. The game ends, 5:1 to Jungkook's team. The two teams meet in the middle to congratulate each other.

'Damn! Did you get EVEN better while I was gone? I thought it was impossible' Jackson laughs, still catching his breath back. Jungkook grins and shakes his head.
'Good luck I guess' he grins.
'Oh and uhh, you got yourself a fiesty cheer leader for a boyfriend' Jackson nudges Jungkook looking at Yoongi. Jungkook also watched the smaller and grins.
'His cheering actually boosted me forwards' he smiles.
'Damn, he's perfect for you, looks like all this time, you've been missing that cheerleader in your life'
The two laugh and hug before saying their goodbyes.
'I'll see you another time, message me some time yeah? Hangout, and bring the boy, he'll probably get on well with my girlfriend' Jackson says patting jungkook's back.
'Will do, see you later man'
'Bye kook'

Jungkook goes to get changed and waits until the big crowds have left. He then emerges from the changing rooms and runs over to his friends. Yoongi sees him and runs over before jumping onto him and hugs him. Jungkook catches him stumbling backwards but maintains his balance. He laughs. He then spins round making Yoongi squeal and hold on tighter as the other held him in the air 

 He then spins round making Yoongi squeal and hold on tighter as the other held him in the air 

Like this but they're both laughing ^
'What's going on here... ' Taehyung appears with a grin.
'Nothing' they both say and Yoongi gets down off him and looks away embarrassed as Jungkook rubs the back of his neck. Taehyung just gives them a nod of disbelief before the awkwardness is broken by the other boys who came to congratulate their friend.

'Jeon Jungkook, JeonJungkook!' Hoseok, Jimin and Jin chant. Yoongi looks at his bracelets. This was gonna be awkward, he'd only just realised how weird it was that he'd cheered so loud for Jungkook and how he'd just jumped on him. He had a reputation to keep for the older. When they're done chanting, Jungkook steps over to talk to Yoongi separately.

'Liked your cheering back there, maybe the little boy could be my personal cheerleader' Jungkook teases.
'Aish, that was nothing! Damn your football matches would be sooo boring without me' yoongi folds his arms, rolling his eyes.
'Indeed' the two stand there, yoongi with crossed arms and Jungkook with his hands in his pockets. They look at each other and share a sweet glance,both sort of shy. The first time they'd both just been brutally honest with each other and weren't trying to cover up.

Their sweet moment is broken by Jin and J-Hope linking arms skipping around.
'Come on, let's go celebrate in the city streets! Nothing better than a late night stroll' Jin sings.
'Yeah, I wanna hit the new arcade' Namjoon chimes up. Yoongi looks down, blushing and Jungkook rubs the back of his neck. Both were unsure about what had just happened between the 2 but slowly back away to their friends.

The group spend the rest of the night messing around in the city. They go bowling, do karaoke, and go to the arcade. They have lots of fun and all go home with smiles on their faces. Yoongi goes home, smiling and blushing. So much had happened in that one night, he couldn't even process it. He skips into bed still replaying each little moment he had shared with Jungkook that night and falls asleep contently. On the other hand, Jungkook lays in bed thinking about what Jackson had said. 'We'd be cute together' he thinks to himself. Maybe.

1036 words ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*