Chapter Fourty Seven

'I'm just like you, even though my problems look nothing like yours do~
Yeah I get sad too, and when I'm down I need somebody to talk to~'

'Yes, so as Mr Kim was saying, I think if we introduce this to the business, we could really help come out of this economical crisis at the moment.'

It is another day, another business conference. Jungkook is sat taking notes like the other trainees in the room. He's nearly working as a full employee but still does the trainee like courses. He scoffs to himself listening to the higher rank men talk. Economical crisis? Economical crisis my ass! There's no 'crisis', just because this business is falling behind doesn't mean there's another 'great depression' honestly.

'I agree, any questions?' The men continue. Jungkook huffs and raises a hand.
'Yes.. You?' One of them carelessly waves a hand at him and Jungkook has to force in his eye roll.
'Well, you don't think this is all a bit.... Daft, gentlemen?' He says casually. This catches their attention and all eyes are on the bold trainee.
'I beg your pardon?'
'Well, I said, you don't reckon this is all a bit...well, unintelligent do you?'
'What are YOU saying?' One says almost disgusted. Jungkook has had it.
'Oh please, with that plan, this whole thing will shut down in weeks, 'economical crisis' ha, do you see any other business falling behind? No, it's only this one that's failing and has it ever occurred to you... Perhaps... Why?' Jungkook leans back in his chair unbothered. At this point, he really didn't have the patience to deal with this treatment.
'How dare you speak to us like that! Do you know who you're talking to? Do you want your membership here?' One of the men stands up, appalled at the trainee.
'I don't see much point, working here isn't going to provide good wages if you look at the route you're heading down' jungkook scoffs and some of the other trainees look away trying to hold back a laugh.

This causes a lot of commotion with the higher board resulting in... Jungkook's firing. To be honest, he didn't know what came over him but he knew deep down, he wanted to leave that place anyway. He isn't as sad as he'd thought he'd be. Perhaps it was the pleasure of finally putting the arrogant bastards in their place or seeing their twisted faces when he had proved them wrong. However, the content feeling is washed away when he realises he has to explain this to his boyfriend who is still studying at uni. Who's going to pay the bills when the only one of them with a job just got fired? Oh fuck.

Fired. The last thing he'd expected to hear so soon but things change. He walks home, bag on his shoulder, top button untied in the rain. He laughs to himself as the cold water splashes down on him. His coat is slung over his shoulder and his sleeves are rolled up. He couldn't care less if he gets a cold out in the rain, it's not like he had a job to call in sick for. It's funny that, isn't it? He thinks to himself. Just a week ago, everything seemed perfect. Perfect relationship, sustainable home, fairly decent paid job and now God knows. He knows Yoongi will be understanding especially after hearing his non stop complaints about the job but that doesn't mean he won't be disappointed or worried. He is their only income at the moment, jungkook really doesn't want Yoongi to have to work part time while studying in his finals. This is important for him and it's unfair to distract him because he had made a mistake. He sighs and does a skip and clicks his heels in the air. As long as Yoongi doesn't leave him, he can handle this.

He opens the door quietly and puts his coat on the coat rack. It's strangely quiet, Yoongi must be working. He sighs and sits at the kitchen counter and pours himself a drink. He sips the alcohol slowly sucking in air before huffing it back out again. His fingers tap against the glass nervously as he bites his lip. How is he going to explain this one?

About 5 minutes later he hears a door open upstairs and a sweet voice call out to him.
'Are you home kook?'
Even having a bad day, he feels himself smile at the familiar sound.
'Yes, I'm downstairs sweetheart' he calls back and hears Yoongi's small footsteps come down the steps. The boy appears at the doorway and is surprised to see Jungkook in the state he is in. Hair soaking wet, shirt drenched, top button undone, sleeves up revealing his tattoos and more importantly the small glass of whiskey he'd only taken a few small sips of. Yoongi knows something's up and his voice laces with worry.
'Oh my god, you must be freezing, let me get you a towel.' he splutters and runs to fetch the towel. Jungkook sighs but let's himself get taken care of, he wasn't feeling stable.
Yoongi returns and places it over his shoulders and ties Jungkook's long hair back into a small pony tail that makes him giggle. He then sits next to him at the counter hugging him from the side. Jungkook nuzzles into Yoongi accepting his warmth and feeling his heart burn from how grateful he is. After a minute of silence yoongi gently turns Jungkook to face him and puts his hands on his shoulders. Tracing hie face gently with one hand he sighs.

'Do you want to tell me what happened?' He finally asks softly. Jungkook gives him an awkward side smile and sighs deeply.
'I made a mistake, yoongi, a big one' he murmurs and feels himself tear up. He feels incredibly stupid for crying like this, it didn't make sense. He'd hated the job, he was kind of glad he wasn't working there anymore but he felt so useless and like he's let down Yoongi.

Yoongi notices his eyes watering and feels his own heart break. He'd never seen Jungkook openly cry in front of him before and something about it scares him. It also makes him realise how strong the boy was, how he'd never really talked much about himself, let alone cry. Sometimes it's easy to forget, even the strong male character in the relationship cries too.

'Oh, kookie~' he murmurs and pulls him into a hug. Jungkook cries onto his back unable to keep it in. He can't believe he managed to get with an angel like Yoongi. Yoongi rubs his back and feels himself relax as the other's sniffling calms down. After a while he pulls away and wipes away the boy's final tears and smiles gently.
'Are you okay now?' His expression still worried.
Jungkook nods smiling back.
'I'm not going to pressure you to tell me whatever it is that's bothering you right now, I just want you to tell me when you're comfortable okay?' Yoongi continues to soothe him and rubs his arms. Jungkook puts his hands on Yoongi's face and pulls him in for a long kiss. It isn't heated but just soft and passionate. They pull away, yoongi with pink dusting his cheeks and Jungkook feeling somewhat better.
'I need to.. Tell you this now.' he finally says and Yoongi just nods and takes his hands in his own.

'Yoongi.... I... I got fired.'

[Yeah so, uhm.... #justgotfiredfeelinggood  but uhm...
Also I just thought the lyrics from the song at the top of this chapter kinda matched with Jungkook's strong male protagonist character lmao, idk, we stan a strong guy who is actually vulnerable deep inside-
We also stan Louis tomlinson and tbh it's sad when you think about what he's actually saying as himself there 😔 his mum would've been so proud]

1256 words ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*