↯ f i f t e e n ↯

EPILOGUE

The sun rises as it shone through the curtain of the room while birds chirping outside the window, singing in such a beautiful melody.

The boy flutter open his eyes, waking himself up from his deep slumber. The first thing he saw was the empty and boring white ceiling.

He scan around the room with his blurry vision as he narrowed his eyes, adjusting it to make it sharp and clear.

Few of IV tubes are placed inside the veins on his hands that connected with a bag of clean fluids. The beeping sound can be heard from his right that tells him his calm heartbeat.

Why am I here?

He attempt to raise from the bed while trying to straighten his body but that was a mistake.

He grunted softly when he felt a shock of pain through both of his neck and head.

Reaching up his hand towards his neck, his fingertips touched against the bandages wrapped around it and he remembers about a certain blonde boy sucking on his blood.

He realized that he broke the promise he made with him and he somehow felt bad about it but at the same time, he's glad to give him his blood.

Speaking of which, where is he? Did I save him? Is he alive? Is he safe? He begin to panicked for a second before someone barges into the room, startling him.

"You're awake!"a relief voice belongs to Eric as he went towards beside his bed after pulling a chair for him to sit."Eric.."

"Where's Chanhee? He's not dead right?"Sunwoo asked in concern, hope in his eyes.

The latter's face fall when he mentioned his name as he hung his head down. He doesn't like the face he's making right now as his heart pound so fast in his chest.

"He's dead..."the boy spoke, meeting his gaze.

A shock expression plastered on Sunwoo's face as he gripped on the soft fabric and bit his bottom lip so hard that it almost bleed.

His heart broke by the news and how his blood can't really save him. I'm useless, he thought and tears was about to pool in his eyes but he heard a soft laugh from his right.

Sunwoo almost immediately turn his head to him while furrowing his eyebrows when he saw Eric was giggling to himself.

"Sorry sorry! I didn't mean to make you sad"he apologized in between his giggles."Chanhee hyung isn't dead. He's actually alive and that's all thanks to you!"

Sunwoo was disbelief when Eric jokes around like that. It almost made his heart drop if it was true but a relief washed his concerns away.

"But..."

This made Sunwoo to look at him again, curious what's he's going to say next and he saw him put on a sad face which is not fake at all. He begin to feel nervous and waited patiently for him to continue.

"He got arrested for causing all those troubles and now he's behind bars"

"W-What?"his mouth wide open while expanding his eyes bigger than usual."You're not joking are you?"

Eric shook his head left to right, casting his eyes down.

"So does that mean I will never see him again?"

The latter nod his head. Not even giving him a single glance.

He, too, had a hard time believing it even though it was only for a few years.