↯ t h i r t e e n ↯

After watching the news together with the bartender, he casted his eyes on the glass in front of him. Clearly worried about them especially Chanhee.

He kept asking to himself if he is safe or not. It just... It worries him so much that he couldn't stay still in this base. He wants to do something for Chanhee for once like saving him or something.

If only he's a trained fighter, he would not hesitate to fight the vampires, side by side with him plus protecting him too from the dangers. But in reality, he's just a useless trash who couldn't do anything for him.

Fiddling his thumbs over each other, Jacob noticed his sorrow expression with a mix of concern. He actually felt the same way as him too but hide it as he landed a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry too much. I'm sure they're fine and safe"he gave him a small smile, trying to assure him and himself about it.

As much as he tried not to care so much, he knew that deep down they will face the dangers out there. He's just a bartender who couldn't do anything either.

"May I ask you why you wanted to ask that question earlier?"Jacob spoke, meeting his teary gaze.

He widen his eyes when a glimpse of a man struck in his mind after seeing Sunwoo's reaction as he put a hand on his head.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"he questions, concern once again washed his expression.

"No no it's nothing. Just a sudden headache..."he said with a pain smile plastered on his face."So about your question, why?"

Sunwoo noticed every one of their expression in the meeting they held this morning about fighting vampires and protecting the city which is why he wanted to ask the bartender about their past life.

He knows it's kinda nosy of him wanting to know about their past life but he just couldn't stay quiet about it.

"Oh it's just that... I want to understand them better and if I ask that question myself to them, I knew they won't tell me even Chanhee so that's why I ask you. I was also curious because they were making such a sad face. More like bitterness so I assumed they remember about their past as if they don't like fighting against the vampires..."

"They don't actually"Jacob answered it for him as Sunwoo lifted up his head almost immediately."Let me tell you everything"

He begin to tell him everything, not even missing a single detail as Sunwoo silently listening to his story. He understand now why they look so resentful about fighting vampires.

That's because they had no choice but to kill one of their friends who is a vampire as well. He was one of them too but he went out of control that nothing could turn him back.

His name is Seoho. He is both Youngjo's and Dongju's best friend.

Youngjo actually don't have the heart to kill his own best friend but since he had no other choice to save him, he decided to shoot him on the head while saying sorry to him multiple times.

This really affect both of them especially Youngjo and he can't really move on from the tragic scene. He even locked himself in a room. He told that he can't forgive himself. He's blaming himself for the death of his best friend.

On the other hand, for Eric's loss, his parents died when he was still at such a young age due to his mother remarried with a vampire guy and he actually don't know who's his real father is.

He wants to avenge his mother's death but he's not strong enough until Youngjo found him on the street and take him to the police headquarters, recruiting him as one of them and he will be under Youngjo's care.