Chapter 28; D

Draco could feel her warmth next to him all night. Their bodies intertwined felt right, even though he wished it didn't

It was early the next morning and he woke up before she did. He could feel her wiggling her way out of his arms to go back into her room, but he just pulled her closer to his chest.

She settled back in his arms for a little longer. He tried to push away his thoughts telling him to stop—telling him he didn't deserve her.

Just a few more minutes. I'll make her leave soon.

There was a war in his mind. He knew he could no longer doubt his feelings for her, but he could still choose how to handle them. He needed to control himself, which seemed impossible around her.

After a few more moments of embracing her, he loosened his grip allowing her to leave. It was the right thing to do. It would save them both the heartbreak if he just ignored her.

He knew he could never have her. Holding her in his arms all night was hard enough to do without finding himself getting attached.

The rest of the morning went on without them speaking. He laid in his bed pretending to be asleep, not knowing what she was doing. Things felt awkward between them, like both of them had an understanding not to talk about the night before.

He closed his eyes, trying to occlude his feelings for her away. He imagined them as pebbles in the bottom of the ocean again.

Just as he was finishing the guard opened his cell, calling them for showers.

Fate had a cruel sense of humor.

He got up, walking out of the cell. They barely met each other's eyes when they were cuffed together. He started to say something but stopped himself. Talking to her was hard when he couldn't say what he wanted to when around her.

They walked in silence to the shower. He contemplated what he would say to her the whole way there. Part of him wanted to give in and let her see the real him, but the other part told himself to keep his mouth shut.

Don't be selfish with her. She doesn't deserve you.

He bit the inside of his cheek.

The halls started to darken, alerting him that they were close to the showers. He took a deep breath trying to dissociate himself. That was the only way he could be around her without thinking of kissing her.

The guard opened the door, allowing them to walk inside. They shuffled inside.

His mind grew wild at the thought of her next to him. He wanted his hands all over her body.

Stop.

As the water started the rain down on them, he found it harder to stay away from her. He could smell her, sickly sweet. Like a candy you were told not to eat.

She was so fucking tempting.

He followed the chains connecting them until he was right behind her. He whispered her name, causing her to turn and face him.

"Granger," he said putting his hand on her jawline. He could tell she was nervous. Her breath hitched, causing him to want her even more.

"Malfoy," she said whispering his name, her breath hitting against his face.

Fuck it.

The thought of touching her made him grow large.

He closed the gap between their lips, pushing her against the wall. It felt better than on the balcony because it was real. She wanted him here. The real him.