Chapter 12; D

Lucifer was once a beautiful angel who fell from grace, damned to spend an eternity imprisoned in hell.

Don't we all start that way?

                                            ***

August 1992

"I've heard it is going to be dangerous at Hogwarts this year Dobby. Harry Potter will be in trouble," Draco laughed a little.

The thought of Harry getting what he deserved brought him joy. He had heard his father talking about some chamber and mudbloods being in danger. He didn't know what this meant at the time or the weight of those words.

"Master, Dobby thinks Harry Potter should stay home," Dobby told him.

Draco thought for a second and decided the only thing better than Harry getting in trouble would be him not attending Hogwarts at all.

"Very well, at least I won't have to compete against him anymore. Father says he is the best wizard of our age. I think that's bollocks." Draco told Dobby.

Draco often talked to Dobby when his parents were too busy for him. He didn't have many friends besides Crabbe and Goyle and he found them to be daft. They would play games together around the manor secretly. It didn't last long though, because if Lucius caught them he would punish Dobby by hitting him.

Just another thing that was his fault.

Dobby apparated out of Draco's bedroom leaving him alone in his thoughts.

                                              ***

December 1994

"Men do not cry Draco. They are domineering, strong; they are in control of their emotions and never let them show." Lucius said in a stern voice to the boy.

Lucius often frightened Draco. He was afraid of what his father would do if he disobeyed. There were far too many times he was hit with the cane or grabbed by his neck for the littlest offenses.

"Yes, Father." Draco strained his voice. He wanted nothing more than his father to be proud of him. He wanted to be worthy of love from him.

He knew what his father was preparing him for, and he wanted to make it all go away. He knew what was being planned. He wanted to be a little boy again, with no duties and expectations. He was too old for that though. He was fourteen now. He was supposed to be a man. All the weight of the Malfoy line laid upon him.

He had eavesdropped on the meetings his father had been having in the parlor. Lucius was conversing with people in dark clothing and masks covering their faces. He could hear murmurs of the conversation but a few words stuck out to him.

"The boy has to die."

"The dark lord will be back."

"We must serve him."

His lungs constricted prohibiting any air to enter. His knees became weak causing him to grasp onto the railing of the balcony he was on. He would never admit it, but he was scared. He could hear them conspire to bring the Dark Lord back; he could hear them plan Harry's death.

The thought of having Voldemort in his house terrified him. He shook to his core when he heard the faint whispers along with Bellatrix's laugh echoing from below. He tried his best to occlude so he could make it disappear in the darkness of the manor.