Chapter 39; H

The medi-witch whose name she couldn't remember stood over her bed poking and prodding at her like she was a test subject. Hermione tried to ignore her, but it seemed impossible. Everyone treated her like she was a victim, irritating her to no end.

The witch performed several diagnostic spells on her, evaluating her for god knows what.

"She spent so much time in Azkaban she is unable to function now that she isn't there anymore, so it will take her a while to get accustomed here. I did a scan on her brain and she seems to not have suffered any psychological damage, but she is in a state of depression though," the witch rattled off. She had been talking to Ginny, treating Hermione as if she wasn't even there.

They both whispered to each other and stared at Hermione like she was a broken doll.

"She is also underweight and weak. I would recommend a better diet and exercise," she continued causing Hermione to roll her eyes.

"I'm fine. And yeah, I'm fucking depressed. They left Draco there by himself. No one will listen to me—" she said raising her voice before being interrupted again. Ginny looked at Hermione with wide eyes, not used to hearing her curse so much.

The medi-witch looked at her and spoke in a very patronizing way. "Hermione, is it possible that you only feel that way about him because he was the only person there?"

She was so tired of hearing that. She was fucking sick of it. No one knew about their time there and no one would listen to her. She felt more trapped there than when she was in Azkaban.

"No, it's different than that...he's different," she tried to explain herself for the millionth time. She remembered the visions he showed her, the way he held her in his arms, the way his lips felt against hers. There was no way it could have been just an act.

"He's a death eater," Ginny looked at her with concern. She was so tired of hearing that excuse.

"No, he isn't. He told me he—" Hermione said trying to explain Draco's past to them. If only they knew how much he hated who he had become.

"Hermione it is very possible that he could have been manipulating you," the medi-witch said looking at her like she was insane. She didn't care how crazy she looked or acted. The Hermione they all grew up knowing was gone the moment she entered Azkaban.

"Forget it. It's fucking impossible to talk to any of you," she said pulling the covers over her head and shutting them all out.

***

It was early in the morning when Ron walked into Hermione's room, begging her to get up. She didn't want to move so she ignored him. She didn't want to talk to anyone, and she didn't want to talk about the war. She didn't care anymore.

She spent her nights dreaming of Draco, and when she would wake up without him her heart would ache. She felt fucking useless. She was supposed to be strong and help the Order win the war, but she was just so angry.

He stood at the doorway, badgering her to get out of bed.

"Hermione, bloody hell please get up. The Order is wanting to meet with you. You have been in this bed for days," he said, and seemed like he wouldn't stop until she gave in.

"Of course, anything for you Ronald. Just because you asked I'll get up," she sneered in a sarcastic tone. She knew he used to be her best friend, hell so did Ginny. She just felt as if it had been years since she last saw them. Not to mention how they treated her.

She hoisted herself up and followed him to the room where all the Order would be meeting. She had no idea where she was, and no one would tell her in fear she would try and escape. They hadn't given her a wand yet either, so she was fucked.