The Black One|Chapter 28

Kirito POV

It was a Saturday. A gloomy Saturday where nothing but Asuna could lift my day. The moon shone brightly and the stars did too. Surprisingly, our new dorm had fit with each one of us pretty well, Asuna had a large kitchen, Eugeo and I had a training area close by and we could practically be messy and our trainees will have to clean it up, saying "[it's my] job, as your trainee to clean this up".

Eugeo and I had been asked by our trainees if we could have a picnic on the Day of the Rest. Eugeo, being the guy he is, accepted. Me, on the other hand, had thought of plans for Asuna and myself on the Day of the Rest before this had been arranged.

Some of the many thoughts were: having a picnic with her, kissing her, trying to make a cake for her (which I doubt will be good), talking about our lives IRL and more. So... I really didn't want to spend that day with a picnic with the girls and Eugeo, but rather, my beautiful, strong wife and former Vice Commander of the KoB. Under the night sky and in the embrace of the world, wrapped around us.

"So, where should we all meet up?" Eugeo asked Ronye (Ronie) and Tiese.

"How about a gorgeous lake near Centoria?" Tiese suggested, making a hand gesture.

"Ooh! That'll be good!" Ronie exclaimed before asking, "Mr Kirito, are you going to join us?" I went into hesitation mode.

"Er... I was planning to do something that day..." Ronie, as I thought, backed away from the question, but Eugeo, who didn't know that I really had something planned for that day, replied 'for me',

"He doesn't have anything on that day."

"Does that mean Mr Kirito can join us on our trip? Yay!" Ronie shouted in excitement. With the response from Ronie, I just felt that I couldn't reject it, though even if I did want to reject it, Eugeo certainly didn't allow it.

"Yes we will," Eugeo replied before adding, "Wait, can Asuna and Yuuki come as well?"

Ronie opened her mouth, but Tiese butted in, while nudging Ronie with her elbow, "Sure, the more the merrier! Aren't I right?" Even with my girl knowledge, which was barely level 1, (Kirito: Yes, sorry, I have no idea how I got a girlfriend, much less a wife. But hey, at least I love her with all my heart, some people don't do that. T^T) I could easily notice that Tiese liked my partner. Though, I don't think Eugeo knew that.

"So the next Day of Rest. Right?" Ronie nodded, making it complete. 'Ha... so much for my plans with Asuna... I guess I could always ask her next time.' I sighed,
knowing my plans with Asuna had failed. "Ok... Day of the Rest... here I come." I said with no enthusiasm to be heard.

Asuna who had come in with Yuuki by the time I finished sighing, and being the person who knows me best, asked, "Are you ok?"

I stood up straight, having a face-to-face conversation, shouted, "Yes ma'am! I am ok ma'am! No need to worry ma'am!" She tapped my shoulder in order of an act of comfort.

"Are you really ok?"

"Yes! Yes, I am!" She looked at me, unconvinced. It was awkward until Asuna took enough of the silence and decided to take the matters to her own hands. She pulled me into her room and shouted while pointing to me,

"Spill."

"S-Spill what?"

"Ha..." she put her hand onto her forehead and shook it, "don't you notice when you lie, you try avoiding eye-contact?"

"I-I do? I never knew." I puffed out, trying to make eye-contact. 'Seriously, this girl knows me too well.' I thought inside my head.

"Yes you do, now tell me. Lovers listen to their partner's problems." She positioned her hand to my thigh.