Why me?|Chapter 31

Kirito POV

After the date, Asuna's driver zoomed us back to her house, but by the time we had arrived it was getting quite late and had started raining. So I did the typical thing- "Auntie, can I stay at Asuna's place? It started raining and I don't have my motorcycle here."

"Ha... fine, wait-what about your clothes?"

"I have some from before, it should be fine."

"Just remember to not get anyone pregnant! *ahem* Asuna *ahem*. Oh-what about her parents?" I looked at Asuna who wrote that her parents were on a business trip.

"Her parents aren't here."

"Remember when you do it, use protection-!" And with that, my awkward conversation with my aunt finished.

"What did she say? Well, I know she let you, but you seemed kinda irritated." Asuna asks, tilting her head to one side.

"O-Oh nothing." I can't tell her that my aunt is already asking me to-to- "Really! It's nothing! We don't need to know about anything!" I could feel the blush creep onto my face and from the looks of it, she figured out what she said.

"H-Hey how about we do something? We could ask the others if they want to FaceTime and stuff, or we could get into VR and do a quest or something!" She clapped her hands and we decided to settle onto VR.

After we arranged the meeting with the others, we linked headsets and shouted the command which immediately transports us to another world. "Link start!"

"By the looks of it, no one came online yet." Asuna stated, my brain quickly followed up.

"Yeah, I thought they would be here, after all, they're really fast on getting online. It's quite weird not to see them on." We sat there still until I couldn't bear with the awkwardness, "I-I-" turns out she couldn't as well since we'd started talking at the same time. "Y-You can go first." Being the gentleman I am, I allowed her to go first.

"... Remember the Ragout Rabbit?" She asked, pointing her hands together.

"I'm not trying to brag, but my memory's pretty... horrible. Haha..."

"Huh? Are you saying-"

"But I do remember that day quite vividly. It made me closer with you after that day."

"I'm also not trying to brag, but that's when I figured out you were single. I know, my analysing techniques are good. Actually, I didn't need them. It was kinda obvious."

"Wha?! I'm sorry for not being good with people." I pouted, turning my head away from her.

"Okay, okay, I'm-" she was cut off.

"Yo people!" Klein logged in right in front of us. His ugly, red bandanna really stood out. Along with him, stood Liz.

"Geez, we thought if we came later, you guys would've already gone past that lovey-dovey stage. Guess we were wrong." Liz shrugged it off.

"Well, I'm sorry that you're friends with a couple." I interrupted, crossing my arms.

"Now, now," Asuna tried to calm us down as if she were the only legal adult in the virtual room, "we should wait for more people now. Liz, do you know if Silica is coming online?"

"I'm not sure, but I think she saw the message on the groupchat."

"Kirito, what about Leafa?" Checking my inbox, I stated,

"She's coming. We just have to wait for her kendo lesson to finish. Apparently around 10 more minutes."

"So... what are we going to do?" Klein asked, sitting down, legs crossed.