The Underworld|Chapter 21

Here aAnnyance- ! The new chapter you wanted!
Kirito POV

Argh... what happened...? I tried to refresh my memory, and think back to what happened. Oh yeah... I got injected with this weird substance. I-I heard Asuna. Where am I? Most important of all...Where is she? Asuna... I looked around, trying to figure out where I was, but the only thing I could see where tall trees, covering my whole view. "A-Asuna..." I bent down, trying to figure where I was, until I heard a distant sounds from a bell nearby, and a rhythmic beat of an axe. "An axe?" I walked closer to the sound, and found a boy with blonde flaxen hair on the stump of a gigantic tree. It wasn't like a normal tree, in fact it was the minimum of at least 20 normal trees all stacked on top. The boy seemed to be resting, and having a picnic. Man... I wish I could bring Asuna here... I stepped closer to the blonde-haired boy, not knowing this was the start of a new friendship I would treasure forever.

Asuna POV

Recap...
I had contacted Rinko, and informed her about what happened to Kirito. She said to me that Kikuoka, and Higa, her former colleague had contacted her to join on Project A.L.I.C.E. Of course I didn't know what that was. Before we got on board I placed a wig, and some sunglasses and behaved like her assistant, Mayumi Reynolds. I immediately got granted access with the role of her assistant, and when I got the chance, I glared at Kikuoka as he came up to us. "Hello Seijirou. I came as you wanted."

"Thank you Miss Rinko for coming to help on Project A.L.I.C.E. We were delighted when we heard that you were coming to help. We were half-way across from each other."

"No problem. A-Mayumi, you can go to your room. I have something to talk about with Kikuoka."

"Yes ma'am." I had replied politely.

Rinko POV

"I am sure you recognise who she is Kikuoka."

"My, my Rinko. And yes. I do. If I am not mistaken it is Asuna Yuuki, first daughter of Shouzou and Kyouko Yuuki."

"Yes she is. She wants Kirito. Where is he." I glared at him menacingly.

"Woah woah Rinko. Calm down. The maximum acceleration hasn't been up to 5000 yet. It's at 100 right now. So a minute here should be a minute or two in there. And he's not like Kayaba Rinko. He is as strong as him though. In fact, maybe stronger. He did win against him in the end."

"Yes I know... Akihiko," the man I only loved... "It's not right to take loved ones away from them though! You should've at least told this to Asuna or at least his sister!"

"Woah woah! Don't threaten me with those looks! You are right. I should have told them. We were just desperate. His heart had stopped beating for 10 seconds Rinko. 10 seconds. His brain might've gotten damaged. He's the only one who has interacted with fluctlights."

"F...Fluct...lights?"

"Yes fluctlights. Human souls born from an artificial world. They are risen from birth to adulthood to death. Just like us. Humans. Humans from a different world. If they break the law we label them an ALICE. Artificial Labile Intelligent Cybernated Existence," he said it so fast, even he was tired, "Man... that was long."

"So... you want them to break the law?"

"That's what we aimed for, but is hasn't been easy. The Axiom Church created the Taboo Index, and the citizens listen to it better than we hoped. Some humans in our world have broken laws without any regret, these guys... it's like something's preventing them."