The Finals|Chapter 25

Sorry I haven't uploaded :P I was doing tutoring most of the time. And what I have in brackets are the things that they are saying after the event since they are recalling this memory.

Kirito POV

The finals were drawing near, and as we were polishing our sword skills, preparing to blast the audience with amazement.

(Well I was Asuna. Weren't you? Fiiiinnne can I have a sandwich? SANDWICH! I'll continue the story until then.)

Asuna was thrusting the air, every move elegant and Eugeo? His swords sharper than they used to be, of course I could still see some mistakes, but for a starter they were fabulous. I swung my sword like it was as light as a feather. I would prefer something heavier. The heaviest sword or weapon I have held or seen up until now, in the Underworld, is Eugeo's Blue Rose Sword. The one time I did actually get to hold his sword was before and after the meeting of Ugachi, the Lizard Killer. His green body was at least the size of two henchmen and his eyes had a hint of red, and the actual teeth were yellow. He was neither tall or puny, but quite bulky and rather short. It was about two years ago, before I had met Asuna in the Underworld. Before she came and explained what had happened to me, I was sure this was not the real world due to the era difference, but it seemed... so real. If the real world had an alternative universe where that world started later than ours and was still coming to the modern era, the Underworld would be it. In the Underworld, there were several ranks. There would be the first-ranked nobles which have the authority to other citizens, and have the power to command over them through the Taboo Index, the second and up to fourth-ranked nobles also have this ability. This command is called 'Judicial authorities'. Even though the Integrity Knight- whom I thought had more power than the nobles; since they were guardians of the human realm- did not actually have more authority than the nobles, but for some reason have the right to arrest or take them away.

"Kirito. What are you doing?" Eugeo asked.

"Oh- just thinking."

"What are you thinking about?"

"H-," what do I do? What do I do? AHHH! "H-How to beat you while trying to not hurt you."

"Oh. Thank you. Then I shall continue practicing." Then he returned to swing the sword in a more relaxed position. Asuna came up walking to me, and since I was her boyfriend I had noticed something was off earlier, when she was swinging her sword. She seemed unfocused, which was really rare of her since she was the type to study for a whole night and was not easily distracted. She tugged my sleeve, and I was her boyfriend-or husband on how you look at the situation- for long enough and immediately questioned first.

"What happened?"

"I-I may or may not have talked to my contestant..." she fidgeted with her long chestnut end, and her eyes narrowed down.

"From the description they got, they were a noble... even worse, someone with judicial authority..."

"Ju...di...cial authority? Judicial means appropriate to the law, or in other words legal, so you're basically saying legal authority?" This was the Asuna I knew. Of course I love her other flustered and clumsy parts too.

(How can I not?! Oh and have a lo- ok. Ok. I'll stop Asuna. You're soo cute. You know that right? O-Ow... no need to hit me...)

"Spot on. He's got legal control over... well normal citizens. Like Eugeo, but since we're unregistered residents we may not be effected, but we will be breaking the Taboo Index." She looked down to my shoes and blinked.

"H-He also..." her voice became smaller and continued, "called me beautiful..."

"Well he ain't wrong about that... that bastard. Why he try hitting on my girl." I puffed my cheeks out, and short after, I heard Asuna giggle in response. By the time I lifted my head to see what she was doing, she was wiping her tears.