➳ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ~ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐄𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐬

This chapter is dedicated to the wonderful Ana who has literally just popped into my life and I'm already in love with her! She's so talented and sweet and I'm convinced we are clones!
-marvabell- ♥️♥️♥️

This chapter is dedicated to the wonderful Ana who has literally just popped into my life and I'm already in love with her! She's so talented and sweet and I'm convinced we are clones! -marvabell-  ♥️♥️♥️

(12th July 1977)

It was too dark to tell if it was a dream but he had to assume it was.
He was standing on a rigid surface that he guessed was marble. It was cold, tenebrous, and he couldn't see two feet in front of him.

He reached out with his hand to feel a smooth, yet cool sensation beneath his fingertips. Whatever he was standing on was also in front of him, restricting him from moving more than a step forwards or back. It felt strangely like a morgue slab, the type that he'd seen far too often traipsing along with his father to visit Auror detectives surrounding Snatcher cases.
A tantalising shiver crept up his spine like a peddler and suddenly it felt much to arduous to breathe.

Was he dead? Was that the dream? Or was it something worse? Something more sinister?

In a swivet, he took the marble slab on front of him and pushed with all his might, breath becoming a luxury as all that occupied his mind was the animalistic need to get out. He felt like a rat in an experiment maze; one that gets stuck there and studied to see how they cope in a simulation.

He knew he'd made a mistake when the marble began to loom back and fourth, wobbling ominously to and fro above his head.
A light emerged, he presumed it was a candle when it flickered dangerously behind the slab. Only it wasn't a slab...

It was a domino.

And it began to fall.

The first collision seemed almost satisfying but when they began to hit the floor he could taste the noise in the back of his throat. He tried to scream. It was swallowed by deafening crashes.

One after another they tumbled and landed untidily in a spiral, getting closer and closer back to the middle, where he stood. Suddenly he realised what was to happen next...

The final domino stood tall behind him and seemed to glint maliciously when he turned to face it, in recognition.

James was going to have to fall.

Horror coerced through his veins faster than blood. His heart was in his throat and the noise still cut him like a knife. That resonant clink of marble thud that he was sure would kill him.
It was getting closer and he couldn't run, he couldn't push back, he had to accept it. It had been he that pushed the first domino over, so now he would fall like the rest.