➳ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 ~ 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫

Chapter one is dedicated to the wonderful KoKo, because she's fabulous and I love her (although we have a gag order not to say I love her more since the dispute ;) ♥️♥️♥️ KoKo523

(11th September 1976)

James Potter was rather fabulous when it came to the things he cared about. Quidditch for example: quidditch was one of the only things in life that one could persuade James to take things seriously, and he always had. Being the captain of the team was like seeing a different person. Almost like 'Jekyll & Hyde' but with pranks and snitches.

"Can we polish this play please, for Merlin's sake! We've got our first game in three weeks and I expect to win! Are we clear?" His chasers were bunched around him (the substitutes were also on the pitch today), watching him with an odd mixture of respect, fear and (in some cases) attraction. 

"Crystal." Esme-Leigh Bisset nodded, her hair a milk chocolate brown, tied atop of her head to make it easier for her to see, per James' recommendation. 

"Jolly Good then! We're not leaving until it's pristine, okay?"

This time no one answered, it had started to rain.

"Okay? — 'Yes, Potter!' — Good-oh then!" He clapped his hands and off they went to their starting positions...

Quidditch was one of the very small list of things that James took more seriously than pranks. The rain would have to try harder to stop him from taking his team out to practise. He had two new players this year and that meant extra work, extra work that he fully intended on putting in.

The quaffle was under McAuley Sallanger's arm as he took it towards the middle hoop at the end of the pitch.

"WATCH THE WIND, SALLANGER!" James yelled, zipping through the rain to meet him at his own position, Esme-Leigh behind them.

The wind in question was beating its rain down to McAuley's Quaffle-clad arm and threatening to beat it out of his grasp.
"Ready?!" James called.

He saw McAuley nod and the play began, "ONE!"

The Quaffle was in James' possession, "TWO!" He immediately let it drop directly underneath him where Esme-Leigh swooped to catch it, flipping over in the process before she thundered back up to score (quite combatively) into the middle hoop. ("THREE!")

Keeper, Conor Trundle, chased after the Quaffle before it hit the sand and grass below.
"Good!" James nodded, (this single word was perhaps the highest of praise that they had received all day), "but not perfect. Bisset, you need to stop flipping over, it wastes time. Get underneath sooner and it'll save you diving. Sallanger: I want to see you keep the Quaffle firm in your hand. You've got gloves, use them. I'm not having your butterfingers ruining this match, okay?"