➳ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 ~ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤

Dedication today goes to Silvia for being so incredibly supportive across not just this book but loads of others!
soyysilvia ♥️♥️♥️

Dedication today goes to Silvia for being so incredibly supportive across not just this book but loads of others! soyysilvia ♥️♥️♥️

Everyone is in the dark somehow. Darkness is an invasive thing. It creeps its way into every crevice of one's being until suddenly everything is gone. Swallowed in nothingness.

There's a distinctive feeling about it. Like reading a book, engrossed in its pages, only to look up and find the world has continued and the sun has found another haunt. Everything is left in a peculiar dimness that is painful to look at for too long.

And then there is Mary. That halfway house between dull and dark seems to burn every now and again, before the darkness completely swallows it.

Sometimes there are voices...

What do they say?

(18th March 1978)

(18th March 1978)

Lily Evans can't decide on a feeling. There seem to be too many floating around her head, pulling at her synapses and making her want to snap them like threads of hair.

Anger...Unease...Sadness...Disappointment... Guilt...

Are any really justified?

The anger, from having to find out about James' date from Esme-Leigh. The unease from the radio silence among all her friends' letters. The sadness that she thought he might wait. The disappointment that he didn't. The guilt that she technically hadn't either.

What a hypocrite she was!

The dark room provided a blanket of comfort in which to feel whatever she liked, away from prying eyes. The nebulous red glow could mask whatever she was feeling, providing her with a sense of comfort in her own head. She could work methodically to the music of sloshing solutions and wet photo paper, while she allowed her emotions to run wild.

Except today Lily wasn't sure what emotions there were to run wild with. James had gone on a date with Esme-Leigh. He had kissed her. He hadn't told her. Esme had.