➳ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ~ 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐀𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 & 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

Hey, this chapter is dedicated to Alicia because we've been working so hard on our joint account recently and it's been so fun to talk more! I love you wayyy too much!!! ♥️♥️♥️
WiseRavenclaw07

Hey, this chapter is dedicated to Alicia because we've been working so hard on our joint account recently and it's been so fun to talk more! I love you wayyy too much!!! ♥️♥️♥️WiseRavenclaw07

(November 30th 1976)

It wasn't that Lily was nosy –she wasn't. It was more the fact that when one can see something interesting out the window it's natural protocol to spy on proceedings and figure out what's going on.

That was all this was. She wasn't nosy.

The painfully soulless gathering of detached houses that Lily lived in had the wonderful advantage of a good view of the town, and despite her opinions on its pedestrian-ness, it didn't take a genius to work out that Cokeworth could be pretty in certain lights, and this view was one of them. She could see beyond the road and over to the public park, even yonder it was clear to see the big estate house at the bottom of the hill.

It was the estate house that caught her attention that particular day. Or more so the small army of people walking in and out like the four doors were some kind of membrane. At first glance it looked like there were people moving in, but no removal van was in sight. The boxes seemed to come from no where.

The estate house had always been an image of speciation for Lily, ever since she was small the house had always remained firmly blocked off. Cobwebs leaking from every pore and poorly painted fences round the outside, keeping the ivy at bay. Lily had always thought that, with enough, care the place could be quite charming but nobody ever seemed to bother with it. However today it was a different story: today the place reeked with life; Lily assumed there must have been at least ten people hurrying in and out of the grand doors. (They were grand now, they hadn't been before). In truth it was a miracle that tackling all that ivy had only been a ten man job. The place looked presentable now (if only a little ominous).

"Lily!"

Her mother's airy call drifted to her ears and she leapt up from the windowsill-seat and thundered down the stairs– Lily's mother seldom called unless she needed something, that was just her way.

"Lily, darling where are you?"

"I'm here," she crept into the living room to find her mother on the sofa, staring out the window with a spacey look in the cyan of her eyes. Lily was positive the faint aroma of gin was circling the room (but in all fairness it never really did go away).

"I need... I need you to come and sit here, Lily. Please?" Her mother snatched her eyes away from the window to gaze at her daughter and the look on her pale complexion gave the impression that the very sight of her youngest daughter caused her pain.

She nodded and slipped into the space next to her mother, resting her head on her shoulder and letting her eyes lull closed as she stroked her hair benignly.
"They're fixing up the old estate house, you know?" Lily mumbled, not really minding that her frivolous attempts at a conversation were falling on deaf ears. Sometimes her mother got in this sort of mood; all she wanted was to hold Lily and stroke her hair. She didn't care much for conversation, they never really had much to talk about anyway but just knowing Lily was there seemed to be enough.