➳ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ~ 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

This next chapter is dedicated to Aurora because she's very sweet and supportive of this book and my account in general! Love you!
AuroraPotter14 ♥️♥️♥️

This next chapter is dedicated to Aurora because she's very sweet and supportive of this book and my account in general! Love you! AuroraPotter14 ♥️♥️♥️

(5th November 1977)

Despite it having been two days since Sirius Black turned eighteen, the marauders elected to wait until the following Saturdays to execute their traditional prank. The main reason being that Saturday was match day, and a prank added a little extra 'pizazz'– as Sirius had eloquently put it– to the day.

The air was thick with anticipation that morning. The Gryffindor and Ravenclaw tables were a medley of nerves and anticipation, as per usual for a match day. However, for the select few in the know, this should not have been the only cause for anticipation.
Remus looked up for his plate of toast to nod at Marlene; who, in turn, nodded at James, then Peter until Sirius –who was stationed at the other end of the house table, flicked his wand in the motion Remus had described over one of the goblets, barely containing his giggles.

It was only a matter of seconds before the charm worked its magic, seeping through the little controls and ingredients placed along all four of the house tables like a magical plague. It wasn't long before the whole hall had erupted in gasps and laughter (and the occasional groan).

The marauders, Marlene and Esme-Leigh whooped with delight and marvelled at their own creation as Sirius ran up the table to join them. Every single item of food, crockery and tablecloth had been transfigured into ardent, if not violent, shades of red and gold.

"Brilliant! I can't believe it actually worked!" Peter cried, the incredulity heavy in his voice as he took in the glorious chaos around them.

"Of course it worked, Wormy, are you mad? We're the marauders!" Sirius replied, his voice booming as loud as his smile was wide. The prank couldn't have gone better.

"Look at Bauer's face!" Marlene pointed, hiding a giggle behind her hand– Marlene McKinnon does not giggle. But something about the Ravenclaw captain frowning at a plate of red and gold porridge was too much for her to handle.

"I think that might be the best thing I've seen in my life. And I'm Sirius Black: I've seen a lot!"

"I'd be inclined to agree. She looks just about homicidal."

"Or suicidal." Peter remarked, in a deadpan sort of manner.

"Perhaps both?" Remus suggested, sounding much too off-handed to be taken seriously. That was when the entire group really did giggle. Childish, stupid giggles. And they didn't stop nearly until the match began.

♣ ♣ ♣

(5th November 1977 continued)