➳ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ~ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥

This dedication goes to Firewreath for being a great friend and huge support for me pretty much since I started this account! Thank you!
♥️♥️♥️

This dedication goes to Firewreath for being a great friend and huge support for me pretty much since I started this account! Thank you! ♥️♥️♥️

(2nd December 1977)

The skyline of Hogwarts was decorated with thick grey clouds, looming over the horizon and swallowing everything in its path. It was clear snow was coming soon and students often found themselves glancing towards the windows, hoping to catch the first glimpse when it did.

However Esme-Leigh Bisset found herself wistfully watching the abyss for reasons nearly completely paradox to the excitement of the wintery weather. Every second her mind had to itself seemed to occupy thoughts of her mother's letter. The thought of going to live in France seemed to never tire of making her heart race and eyes water. She couldn't leave. She couldn't.

"Miss Bisset!"

"Pardon?"

Professor Flitwick frowned at her, though his eyes portrayed curiosity– if not concern. It was unwonted that Esme should misbehave in her best and favourite subject.

"I asked you a question, Miss Bisset. Do you mind telling us what we already know of the charm ascendio?"

Politely, she nodded, doing her best to shrink into the chair she occupied (which was, unfortunately, slap bang in the middle of the classroom).
"The spell ascendio derives from the Latin term 'ascendo' which means 'to climb'. It lifts the castor upwards into the air. It also works underwater– causing its castor to be propelled to the surface."

Satisfied, Professor Flitwick nodded curtly.
"Very good. Five points to Gryffindor. Another important note to make is that—"

Esme-Leigh was no longer listening. The ominous looking clouds by the window seemed to capture her attention once again, swallowing her up just as they engulfed the skyline.
All of a sudden she felt the badge pinned to the pocket of her cardigan spin furiously, as if it were making a bid to be set free of her clothes. Esme subtlety glanced around the classroom before reading the message left on her MPP badge.

You okay, honey? - Marls

Marlene McKinnon was watching her significantly when Esme looked up. Obviously her excellent save wasn't as excellent as she'd imagined. Marlene had managed to notice something was amiss.
The blonde girl raised an eyebrow, clearly not willing to back down until she got an answer. So she discretely pointed her wand to her badge and sent a reply whirring to her best friend.

Just tired. - Esme

She looked up the catch Marlene's eye again but this time her expression was incredulous. To her credit, Marlene was an expert in scepticism and often it helped her see through barrels of lies. However she chose not to question it and whether is was trough pity or something else, Esme-Leigh didn't care, she was just glad to be left alone to wish for snow.