➳ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 ~ 𝐀 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬

This dedication goes to Maddy, for being the adoptive mother of Eliot Solis in my Instagram AU, being the cool older cousin of the RBDS and generally being awesome! I respect and love the hell out of you! ♥️♥️♥️
TheAmazingMaddy

This dedication goes to Maddy, for being the adoptive mother of Eliot Solis in my Instagram AU, being the cool older cousin of the RBDS and generally being awesome! I respect and love the hell out of you! ♥️♥️♥️TheAmazingMaddy

(December 21st)

It was unholily early in the morning when Lily heard taps on her window; too loud to be snow but not so loud that it would wake up the entire Evans household.

It took more willpower than she cared to admit for her to drag herself out of the warmth and security of her bed and over to the window to investigate.
At first she peered through the gap in the drawn curtains, wondering if perhaps Severus' owl had taken a late night journey to her home, but she had never been a very good sleuth and so she ended up pulling the curtain almost wide open anyway.

And there, sitting in the oak tree by her window was a sheepish looking, hat, gloves & scarf clad Dorcas Meadowes, holding a white plastic bag.

Am I getting in or not?
Lily could make out her mouthing as she shivered in the snow, her teeth chattering almost as loud her her window tapping had been. Poxy apologies aside, Lily couldn't, in good conscience, leave her friend to transfigure into a snowman or indeed an icicle, so clumsily, still partially asleep, she flung open the window and held a hand out to Dorcas to help her in.

"Sorry for coming so late," she glanced at the clock above the door –twenty to five, "–or early or whatever, I just... I needed you to hear this. And I know what I want to say now, too."

Startled, Lily sat back down on her bed, the draft of the hibernal December bite had woken her up considerably and so her shock was absolutely candid.

"Okay: here goes..." usually if Dorcas were to be in Lily's room she would have sat down, or shrugged off all her extra layers and left them in abandon on the floor, but not this time.
"I'm sorry. Very very sorry, I was petty and I was wrong. I guess... I just didn't want you to like him more? I felt replaced if I'm honest with you."

"Oh?..." her words seemed to take a temporary hiatus from her mind as she listened to Dorcas go against everything she stood for in all sincerity.

"Yeah. You were right. I was being petty, and honestly a bit of a cow but that's nothing new– I'm often a cow."

Lily couldn't hide a small smile creep onto her face, she leant on her hand to make it appear more nonchalant.

Dorcas continued, "and I know you didn't want a poxy apology so here I am. In the middle of the night like a fucking romance novel, climbing in your bedroom window with snow in my hair. Anyway, I wanted to prove to you that I am sorry so I brought you this," she held out the polly-bag timorously (not an adverb often used to describe someone like Dorcas, nevertheless there she was, looking rather tense).