★ 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 ★

To everyone ♥️♥️♥️
You'll find a collection of dates in the future of these characters that hopefully ties their story to a close. I've taken a few extra artistic liberties but you shouldn't really be surprised, this book hasn't exactly been canon compliant so far. Enjoy! Xx

(26th May 1978)

(26th May 1978)

It is distinctly amusing, James thought, that Cokeworth Academy seemed to be the only muggle school in England that wore robes on graduation– the same sort that Hogwarts wear on a daily basis.

He found himself squished between Remus and a boy called Christian (the one James painfully remembered now works with Lily) on the rows of plastic chairs laid out in the cramped, sweaty assembly hall, watching the stage with the muggles in their black robes. Christian assured them that this is fairly common enough procedure for university graduations, but less common in high schools; of course James and Remus pretended they knew this all along, though the insight proved to be much more helpful.

There were about fifty of them, all eighteen year olds on the stage, also sitting in rows of plastic chairs, and James spotted Lily almost immediately, in the second row, her red hair hanging out from beneath the odd square hat they were required to wear.

The headmaster spoke with a clear and concise voice, his eyes shining with the same sort of pride a priest may address his congregation, admirable from a distance. The teachers running along the side of the stage, however, told a million stories. Some were regarding their students with the same exasperated pride that Professor McGonogall watched the marauders at the back of her classroom; others with looks of barely concealed disdain; and some with indifference. It was quite a lovely thing.

James hadn't realised the headmaster had finished speaking until he was drawn into a round of applause spreading across the hall and an angel found her way to the podium. Lily grinned at her audience, a smile that nobody save James seemed to notice was slightly nervous.

"Being a student at this school has been nothing short of a pleasure..."

Her voice was mellifluous and peaceful, James could listen to her speak all day, enthralled by the way her lips moved around words that he could hardly listen to. It was a miracle, James thought, that she couldn't sing to save her life.

She spoke of her pride to be chosen to deliver this message; she spoke of the students; of Dorcas' track teams victory; the photography club she'd given so much to; and every teacher that didn't treat her unfairly when she first arrived at the school, eleven years old, a little bit peculiar, with a silly little grin and a 'horrendous laugh.'

Lily was finished speaking before James was finished listening but he still clapped and cheered with the rest of the audience. Peter and Sirius from the row behind whistled and whooped, Marlene was bouncing in her seat, like a chick ready to take flight.