Gloomy skies

Kaede's POV:

All of us stood near the grave of Ryoma Hoshi...it's been a week since the incident, everyone was still in shock...he was gone...just like that...we could feel the gentle pitter patter of the rain hit us gently...the sky was a painted gloomy shade of grey, to which it replicated everyone's emotions it still feels so odd, he just came out of a killing game...just so that he could get killed in real life...it's such a cruel irony...he had so much else to live for...while he was a criminal...this school could've given him a new opportunity to start his life over, to go back to his old self for a second chance at the life he claimed to have lost, I wasn't close to him but he still wasn't a bad person and he did try to help us out in the killing game...but instead this...? Even Tsumugi came to give her condolences, while she got some glares over from some of us, I didn't bother being mean...at least she came to give him respect...even if it was her who put him through that killing game, she at least was respectful enough to come and give him her condolences, and that's all that mattered for me.

All of us respectively, one by one, walked over to the casket, I threw my flower in gently before walking back...if only there was a way that we could've stopped this...if we could've included him more or even make him feel more at home...admittedly I never really payed attention to him, I was mostly focused on Shuichi, Kaito, and Maki...I wish I could've made him feel more included or give him more of a reason to stay...

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt someone hold my hand...I look over and it was Shuichi...I guess he noticed that I felt guilty...well I guess whenever seem to feel a strong emotion people could usually tell by my expression...Shuichi's face was one filled with a glum and mournful expression...yet it seemed as though he was in deep thought, I wondered what he was thinking about...soon we all had to go back home, the rain poured down even harder, soaking us all as we ran to our cars or to any close shelter. Shuichi pulled me in with him to his car as we ran inside and close the door, he pulled me with him since I came over walking so I didn't have a car to drive me back and I would have to walk in the rain.

His car was a black car, it seemed like your average car, the inside seemed comfortable and was really clean from the inside, as though he recently cleaned it up a bit, his car smelled of coffee which wasn't surprising since Shuichi loves caffeine and...the smell of cigarettes...?! I look over Shuichi with a look of worry, "Shuichi you smoke...?" I asked him. Shuichi looked over for a moment before nodding, "Only occasionally...mostly whenever I'm stressed, but not in the car...that's my uncle that usually would smoke in here, it used to be his before he gave it to me as a gift, so some of the smell of the cigarettes is still on here..." he explained to me. That made sense but he still shouldn't do it!

"Shuichi...I get it that we're 18, but it's still unhealthy to smoke even if it is occasionally, it could really damage your lungs!" I exclaimed, Shuichi gave me a small huff with a small smile, "I'm glad you're worried about me but I'm fine..." he replied. I shook my head in response, "I'm gonna have to help you out finding a healthier way to cope with stress! I promise." I told him now feeling instead motivated to help him out...I want to help him with whatever I could...I want him to have more healthy habits and to take care of himself more...I care about him a lot and I want him to be happier and healthier...

Shuichi's smile grew as he nodded, "Alright thank you Kaede...I'll try..." he answered back, the sound of the rain that pounded against the car roof grew louder as Shuichi sighed. "This weather is getting worse by the minute...I'll drive you home..." Shuichi stated as he started the door and had the wipers turned on so he could see at least a little bit. I admittedly didn't want to go home...if I were left alone I would feel worse about the situation... "Actually could I come with you...? I don't want to be left alone right now..." I admitted as I played with a strange of my wet blonde hair. Shuichi nodded, "Of course my sweetheart..." he replied in a sweet tone as he started driving...him just merely calling me that made my heart flutter and made face burn slightly...it's just the little signs of affection he gives me makes me feel so enamored by him wether it's physical or verbal...it helps me get my mind off of things.

Shuichi drove the car carefully as the ride was silent, besides the loud rain pouring down...while we try getting our minds off of it...we couldn't, we both weren't in a happy or good mood, not after today...not after what just happened...but I hope we could try to just act a bit more normal when we go to his house...although admittedly this weather and this feeling made me want to play the piano right now...hmm...a soft yet deep song representing lost...something gloomy yet powerful...yeah that would work....

Shuichi soon stopped the car as we got out quickly and ran into his front porch, we both took off our wet shoes and instead put on the indoor shoes provided near the door, I looked around the house...I've been here before near this week, Shuichi and I worked on our homework and relaxed here...it was really fun. His house was pretty modern looking on the inside, also, really, really cold, now it's way colder than before due to us being soaked. I shivered and removed my wet coat placing it on the coat hanger, Shuichi seemed completely unbothered by the cold, though no surprise since he always had really hold hands no matter where we were.

We went up to his room, I immediately jumped and dove onto his bed, covering myself in the covers. When he first showed me his house I tried to be as respectful as possible, but admittedly I got comfortable really quickly...I just can't help it! His bed is sooo comfy! And so warm! Shuichi let out a laugh at the sight.

"Aww Kaede, you're so cute..." he said with a smile, I couldn't help but to giggle slightly, "Well I can't help it, it's coldddd..." I admitted, Shuichi seemed to note that as he went into his closet and gave me a grey sweater he had. I quickly took it happily and put it on over my black dress, it actually fit me well, it was pretty warm and was made of a soft cotton material, perfect for this wether and the cold. "I'll make us something warm, what would you like...?" Shuichi asked me, I thought for a moment...hm...

"Do you have any hot chocolate...?" I asked, I felt childish for asking such a drink but it's really good! Shuichi smiled as he nodded, "Heh, alright I'll make us some hot chocolate...try putting on a movie while I make us some..." he suggested as he walked away. I grab the remote and look for a good movie...I looked for a thriller/mystery movie since I knew Shuichi loved those and I picked one out that seemed the most interesting.

Shuichi soon came in with two mugs and a smile, he walked over to me and carefully handed me my mug, I sat up and took it, looking down at the hot treat before looking up and moved over, letting him sit down, he placed his arm around my shoulder pulling me close as I laid on his chest...today was a gloomy day to say the least...I wish I could've tried to help Ryoma feel better or anything...but even then...my sad thoughts are interrupted by Shuichi's presence...you always make me feel better...no matter what...

"I love you so much...."

Motivation goes brrrrr-
Sorry about the late upload, been procrastinating it a lot per usual so I apologize, maybe for Valentine's Day I could do a one off chapter for some fluff in here-

Have a wonderful day loves!