Never again

Shuichi's POV

        We all walked towards the stage as they start calling our names. From what I could see they were handing out some sort of weird diploma. Maybe for surviving the killing game? I don't know until I receive it. I was behind Kaede in line and hugged her from behind, Kaede let out her adorable giggle when I did so, I didn't let go of her till they called her name. Once she was halfway over there I started walking since I knew I was next, that was until I heard a strange noise, I then decided to look above her where the noise was coming from.

A stage light.

And it was heading straight for Kaede.

No.

Not again.

I will not let her die again.

That is not an option.

I ran as fast as I could, the amount adrenaline pumping throughout my entire body was making me dizzy, but I didn't dare to stop. I will not loose Kaede again. My heart was racing and just before it could hit her I tackled her, sending us both practically flying to the other side of the stage, both of us landed on the floor. I held her tightly, Kaede's eyes were shot open, her heart was beating like crazy and she was panting. I turned to see that the stage light made a huge hole in the wooden stage.

That could've been Kaede... was all that burned in my mind. "Sh-Shuichi..." Kaede's sweet voice called out. She had tears in her gorgeous lavender eyes that were layered in fear yet relief all at the same time. She hugged me tightly as she lightly sobbed, "Th-Thank you....you just saved my life..." she whimpered out. I hugged her back holding her and running my hand through her hair, "Shhh...of course my sweetheart..." I replied trying to calm her down.

The man ran over to us and crouched over with a panicked look, "Is she alright?!" He asked, I nodded in response, "Yeah, she's fine..." I answered. Everyone else ran over "How did that even happen?" "Is she okay?" "There was no one backstage, did it just suddenly go loose?" Questions flooded the air as I held Kaede tightly in my arms, I refuse to let go...not now, not ever. Some people went backstage to check if anything happened, but they came back and noticed one of the ropes to hold up the stage light became loose. How irresponsible of the person to not tie it strongly, that could've killed Kaede.

"I'm so sorry about that, I have no idea that could've happened...I'll issue a statement to my employees and to see who is the one responsible for letting it so loose. Let's get off of the stage in case there are more lights that are loose." He said as he handed both Kaede and I our certificates. I started to stand up and pulled Kaede up with me, I noticed her legs were shaking. Poor Kaede...

I put my arm around her as we all got off of the stage and he continued handing the rest to us before finally finishing. "I hope everyone had a wonderful stay here, and I hope everyone has an amazing school year. Goodbye everyone, and thank you for participating in Danganronpa 53." He said with a smile before he left the stage.

"Hell fucking yeah! This school better be a good school or else I'm going to beat their asses!" Miu  exclaimed in her usual vulgar manner. "Atua says that this school is one of the best schools here and that we will be fine!" Angie answered. "I hope so..." I answered, Kaede snuggled herself onto my chest as I held her close and gently rubbed her back, giving her a kiss on her soft cheek in the process. Kaede and I already exchanged numbers a while ago and we shared where we lived which was luckily about fifteen minutes away from each other, so we can visit each other often.

We all started to walk out to the main area where we were getting picked up. Oh right...my uncle! Im going to see him again! He had always had been there for me when my parents didn't...he was my inspiration and because of him I manage to meet everyone here and have a future of being a detective, so you can imagine how happy I am to see him. Too bad he was always working, but I understand why.

"Well everyone, this is it. We'll see each other again on Monday alright?" Rantaro said with a smile and a wave before he gotten into a large and rather an expensive-looking car, we all waved back and everyone started to slowly leave one by one, Kaito ran over and gave me one last hug, "Cya on Monday sidekick!" He exclaimed before running over to Maki, giving her several kisses on her check and a tight hug before running off, which made Maki burn a deep red. "Kaede!" Someone exclaimed in the distance, Kaede and I turned over to see a sweet looking old lady approach her.

"Grandma!" Kaede exclaimed running over to her grandma and hugging her tightly, "I missed you so much!" Kaede exclaimed happily, her grandma seemed surprised for a moment, "Wow, when they said that they were going to change you all, they meant it." She commented, Kaede's head tilted "Hm what do you mean by that grandma?" Kaede asked, "You seem much happier, you never would hug me or be happy to see me." Her grandma commented, Kaede smiled turned to a small frown, "Really...? I'm sorry about that grandma..." she replied, "Oh Kaede, don't apologize! Any part of you is the part that I love." She said giving her a loving smile. Kaede's crown turned to a bright smile and hugged her again before she turned to me and grabbed my hand, dragging me over to her grandma.

"Oh grandma, this is my boyfriend Shuichi!" She said looking over at me before turning to her grandma, her grandma looked a bit surprised but a bright smile formed onto her face, "Oh my a boyfriend? Well he's a handsome one alright! I'm Kaede's grandma it's a pleasure to meet you, take care of my Kaede!" She told me, I nodded and smiled, "It's a pleasure to meet you Ms.Akamatsu! And I promise I will." I replied to her, she seemed really nice and I'm glad that she trusts me with Kaede.

"Shuichi!" I can hear a voice call out. I turn to see..my uncle! "Uncle Yuuto!" (I picked a random Japanese name-) I exclaimed, he had a bag in his hand to which I was curious of. He ran and gave me a big tight hug, he reminded me a bit of Kaito, just more mature and a bit less motivated. "I'm so glad to see you again!" I told him, though my voice was restraint since he was squeezing me, he let me go and placed me down. "How are you kiddo? I got you a little something!" He said reaching into the bag. He pulled out a small pop figure of Junko. My smile turned to a frown. "It's a limited addition! Can you believe everything is on sale, I knew how much you loved the show so I got you one!" He said happily before handing it to me. He must have noticed my facial expression and he looked at me with a concerned expression.

He doesn't know what was going on with Danganronpa, and didn't even know that I ended it. "What's wrong? You don't seem too happy about it." He asked. I sighed "Thank you for the gift, but I can't accept this...Danganronpa is a killing game. Everyone suffered including me...even if it is fake...all of the suffering and the pain I've been through because of that company is real...thank you but you'll have to return it..." I told him in a serious tone, but I tried to be as nice as possible. I was pulled into another sudden hug, "Oh kiddo...you've matured so much, I'm so proud of you...too bad you're going to have to throw all of that merchandise in your room away." He said with a light chuckle before letting me go.

I'm probably going to burn it. I turned over to Kaede and lead my uncle over to her and her grandma, I pointed over to Kaede, "Hey uncle, I want you to meet my girlfriend Kaede, and her grandma Ms. Akamatsu." I told him, "Woah Shu, I never knew you were into older women." He whispered over to me, "Uncle! That's not her!" I exclaimed, he let out a chuckle, "I know, I know. It's nice to meet you, I'm glad Shu finally got himself a lovely girlfriend." He said with a bright smile, "It's nice to meet you too! I'm so glad I got to meet you!" Kaede said happily. God she's so cute...

"Well kiddo, we got to go, I have to drop you off while I have to do another case." He said as he started to walk, "I'll wait for you in the car." He continued. I looked over to Kaede who ran into my arms and pulled me into a hug, "Promise me you'll call me when you get home? It's just going to be so weird not having you with me all day..." She asked me, I smiled and gave her a peck on her lips. "Of course Kaede, we can call whenever you like. Plus we have classes together along with we can hang out as much as we want, so I promise you won't feel lonely..." I answered. She looked up at me and hugged me tighter, "I love you so much Shuichi..." she said with a loving look on her face, "I love you too my sweetheart..." I replied giving her another kiss. "Ah young love!" Her grandma said with a smile. "Grandma!" Kaede said turning red from embarrassment. "I'll call you when I get home, bye Kaede, bye Ms.Akamatsu!" I called out before heading back to my uncle's car.

Kaede and I ended up talking for hours when I got home...