Chapter Twenty-Seven

Harry's POV

After yesterdays unfortunate run in with the fans, Louis and I had come back to the hotel for a much needed cuddle and rest night. We didn't talk much about it, both of us being too tired to have to deal with it. Sleeping was enough for both of us. Now its the next day and we are up bright and early to head to the airport. Our next tour stop is too long of a ways to drive, hence why we are flying. I have never been on a plane before, so this is going to be a new experience for me, which I am excited about, but also incredibly nervous.

Driving to the airport it feels strange in the car, everyones very quiet. The quietness I'm sure stems from the fact that it is very early in the morning and no one wants to be awake. Louis sat next to me holds my hand softly. He has been acting very clingy and extra protective since the incident last night, not leaving my side and constantly checking if I'm okay.

Leaning into his side I shut my eyes and try and relax my growing nerves. Giving my hand a squeeze Louis turns and gives me a soft kiss on the side of my head.

A few minutes of silence later and we are arriving at the airport. Thankfully no fans should be around because of the ungodly hour we are awake at. Hoping out of the car and grabbing my small backpack we head towards the gate where our plane is. The rest of our luggage being taken care of by the helpful staff. Liam and Niall starting to be more awake I can hear them having a small conversation behind us.

Approaching our gate I can theca but feel slightly sick to my stomach thinking about the plane ride and all of the possibilities that could go wrong. "Lou?" I almost whisper. Turning to look at me Louis replies, "Yeah?" "I'm scared." I whisper like its the biggest secret in the world. Eyes going soft he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me into his side. "It will be okay, I promise, I'll be with you the whole time." Louis states. Giving a small unsure smile as a response he hugs me tighter into his side.

Thankfully as we reach our gate we are able to board right away. Louis leading the way to our seats that are next to each other. Still holding my hand Louis drags me to the seats. Putting his bag down in the expensive business seats I am still shocked. "Business???!" I ask. "Yeah baby, what else would you expect?" He jokes around in a slightly cocky way. Shaking my head in amusement, I put my bag down and sit down.

Following what Louis is doing, I put my bag under the seat in a small compartment and sit back up. Putting my seatbelt on I nervously look out the window of the big plane. Gulping at the realisation that in the next 10 minutes we will be flying, I look straight back ahead. Obviously noticing my nerves, Louis reaches out and grabs my hand, running his thumb back and forth across my knuckles, giving me the much needed comfort.

The seatbelt sign then comes on and we start rolling away. Heading to the runway to begin our long flight. As the plane starts to speed up and take off I squeeze Louis hand and hold my breath. "Hey, look at me Haz." Louis says. Looking at him and directly into his blue eyes he smiles. "It's okay, relax. Breathe and it will be over so soon." He smiles at me. Letting my breath go I look at Louis and start to relax. Having him here with me means so much and I am really happy that I get to experience my first flight with the love of my life.

Once the initial nerves of flying have gone away Louis and I decided to try and get some extra hours in of sleep. According to Louis, sleeping on flights is the only way to do it. Considering how busy we always are, getting extra hours of sleep sounds like a great idea.

With the seatbelt sign now off, Louis relines his chair all the way down so he can lie down and sleep. "Louis?" I quietly ask. "Yeah love?" Louis replies from his lying down position. "Can I um, can I join you?" I shyly ask. Turning and looking at me with pure adoration in his eyes he smiles and nods, opening his arms for me to sneak into his small makeshift bed.