Chapter Twelve

Louis Pov

"Louuu we don't have any food!" Harry yells across the house.

Making my way to the kitchen I see Harry in the pantry looking around franticly. "Hey what's the matter?"

"We don't have anything ti eat and I'm hungry and I'm stressed because I only have a week before school starts and I have so much school work to catch up on because I have been too busy with you and I'm going to fail and I might as well just drop out" Harry rambles on.

"Alright calm down. You are okay. We will go to the supermarket this afternoon and you can pick out whatever you want to eat and we can stock up alright? And stop stressing about school, you have time to get your work done, I promise to help you okay?"

"Okay, sorry" Harry sulks back. "It's alright love, come on I'll order us some lunch. What would you like?" Pulling Harry to sit at the kitchen bench I get my phone out and call us some take out.

Spending our afternoon doing work, Harry sits at the table working on some homework while I am catching up on some work emails and getting some writing done. When it reaches 4pm I decide that we have worked enough and that we should go and get our groceries. Walking over to Harry I wrap my arms around him from the back and rest my head on top of his. "Hows my genius boyfriend doing?" Giggling Harry leans back and looks up at me, "just finishing up".

Looking back down at Harry as he continues to work I ask "Care to join me for a fantastic time at the supermarket? I'll let you choose the food and maybe a snack if you are lucky?"

Harry looking back up at me "sure, can I just finish this up then we can get going?" "Course"

===

As Harry and I pull up to the store I pray that we don't get caught by any paps. Asking Harry to stay in the car for a min while I check for paps or fans, I don't want to risk exposing Harry in any negative ways, especially now that he has expressed his worries and not being ready. Once I see that everything is clear I move to Harry's side and open the door for him, helping him out of the car. As Harry steps out of the car he immediately goes for my hand, trying to link it with his own. I give him a tight smile but pull my hand away. Not noticing the small frown that spread across his face.

Walking silently into the store we grab a cart and start on our long list of essential items. Glancing at Harry he looks upset. Me already knowing why I reluctantly grab his hand in mine and turn him towards me. Harry keeping his head down he quietly mumbles out "are you embarrassed to be with me?" Signing I put my hand under his chin, gently lifting his head up to meet my eyes, "No love, I just am worried about being papped or recognised. I know you said you aren't ready to go public, I am just trying to protect you, to protect us. I promise that if you said so I would jump and scream to everyone that you are mine. I just don't want any bad to happen okay bud?" Looking a little less sad Harry gives me a small smile. "Okay, thank you".

Turning and finishing our shopping I let Harry pick out some snacks for around the house. Of course all being weird healthy ones that he insists we need I give up and agree to buy them. Everything was going smoothly, we are almost at the end of the list and just need to pick out some vegetables when I see Harry freeze behind me. Stopping straight in his tracks he looks like a dear in headlights.

Noticing he's staring at something, at someone, I follow his gaze. A women, most likely in her 20's is looking right back at us, at Harry. She reluctantly comes towards us, where Harry is still frozen in his spot. Quickly going into protective mode I slightly set in front of Harry, putting my arm in front of him as this women comes towards us. "Harry" she breathes out. "What do you want Gemma?" He spits out. "Sorry and you are?" I quickly cut in. "I'm Gemma, Harry's sister". Realisation hitting me I push Harry further behind me, trying to shield him and protect him from the family that hurt him so much. "Harry please listen, I am so sor-" getting quickly cut off Harry talks, "Sorry for what huh? Giving me a concussion? Leaving me alone and to freeze on the other side of town? Ditching me somewhere you know I won't be able to get home from? You can't take that back. You cant be fucking sorry for that!" Harry angrily spits out. Not knowing what to do or say I stay silent, still standing partially in front of Harry. "Harry please, I tried to convince her not too. Please Harry you know I couldn't stop her. Just listen" Gemma says desperately. Huffing out an angry sound from his lips Harry looks away, not wanting to see her.

"Harry I have your stuff for you, Mom wanted to throw it out but I kept it for you. If you could please come to the car I can give it to you. Please"

"What? Come to the car so you can beat me up and make fun of me again." Starting to launch forward at his sister I hold Harry back. "I will not let you or my so called family treat me like this anymore I-" quickly cutting Harry off before it got too much I pull him back and calm him down. "Relax Haz you are okay, shhh" massaging up and down his arms he goes silent. Turning to his sister once Harry had calmed down a bit I hand her a card. "Here's our address. You can drop it out the front anytime. Thanks."

"Our?" Gemma questions. "Yes, our" I sneer back.

Pulling Harry out of the store after paying for our groceries he stays silent. I can see him still fuming in his eyes. Being careful I decide not to say anything. Putting away the groceries in the car I move into the front where Harry is already sitting. Gripping the arm rest so hard that his knuckles are turning white. I've never seen Harry this angry. Worried he might hurt himself, as I drive I gently put my hand on top of his where he is gripping the arm rest. Hooping to help calm him down he seems to slightly relax under my touch.

Not saying anything for the whole ride home, I keep my arm on his and hope that it's helping to calm him down. Pulling up to the front of the house Harry spares no time and quickly hops out and runs into the house. Signing I let him go ahead, knowing he needs time. Pulling all the food into the house I can hear the shower running upstairs. Harry must be taking a warm shower to calm himself down. Unloading all of the shopping bags I put everything away.

20 minutes later and the kitchen is clean and everything is put away. Still hearing the shower running I start to become concerned. Harry never takes long showers, he hates wasting water. Doesn't he?

Deciding that I need to check on him I make my way upstairs. Coming to the front of the bathroom I lightly knock. "Harry love? Are you okay?"no reply. Knocking again this time a bit louder, "Harry reply to me sweetheart". Again no reply. Getting worried I knock one more time. "Harry I am going to come in love, please answer". Hearing a loud sob from the inside of the bathroom I quickly open the door. The shower curtain open, Harry is sitting on the floor of the shower, completely clothed and sobbing his eyes out. "Oh honey"

Rushing to Harry I turn the shower off and pull him towards me. "You're okay sweetheart". Rocking us back and forth Harry continues to cry. Stroking my hand up and down his back I continue to whisper sweet nothings into his ear, trying to help him calm down. As Harry quiets down I notice how much he is shivering. "Come on love, let's get you changed yeah?". Not saying anything Harry lets me pull him up and lead him to our room.

Helping Harry to change, I offer him some sweats and a t shirt. Pulling them on I grab him one of my sweatshirts to comfort him and keep him warm. Opening the bed up I help Harry to lie down. Quickly changing myself I hop into bed next to Harry. Without a word being said he immediately moves himself onto my and cuddles straight into my chest. Burying himself into me, as if he's trying to hide. Pulling him close I run my fingers through his curls.

After a while Harry starts to sit up. "You okay love?". "I'm sorry" he croaks out. Looking down Harry looks utterly broken, eyes red and puffy and his cheeks stained with tears. Raising his head to look at me I sweetly kiss him on the forehead. "Please don't apologise". "It's just when she was there it all kinda hit me. You know? I lost them, but they didn't care, they wanted me gone. It was just hard facing reality, that I don't matter to them. And the fact that after everything they did she tries to apologise. It was just too much" feeling defeated Harry falls back onto my chest.

"I know love, and it's okay to be upset. But it's also important to remember that you are here, and you are so much better without them yeah?". "Yeah I know". Kissing Harry sifting on the top of is head I pull him tighter to me. "Haz look at me". Reluctantly looking up Harry meets my eyes. Leaning forward I give him a quick peck on the lips. "You are better without them" pecking Harry again I see him smile. "Thank you Lou" Harry gets out before getting overtaken by a large yawn.

"Lets sleep yeah? Get an early one."

"Good idea"

"Goodnight Haz, and please remember that I am here and I will help you through everything" kissing Harry on the top of his head again I cuddle down into the sheets and pull him close. Both of our bodies tightly pressed together.

"Goodnight Lou, thank you for everything"

===

Oooh bit of drama!

Enjoying the story? Let me know! 

- S xx