Shoshannah

Zoey POV

A few days later, Jared was at work and I was home alone, curled on the couch eating ice cream and watching Supernatural.

I know what you're thinking, "Zoey do you watch anything besides SPN and Gilmore Girls?" And yes, I do but no, I really don't. 😁 They're good shows and have my favorite comfort charters.

Anyway, I was watching the first episode Eileen comes in and got the idea to see if Shoshannah would teach me sign language. It'd be a great way for me to do something when Jared's working! Plus, I've wanted to learn for a long time, I just never took the time to actually do it.  And, who knows, I'll probably get a lot closer to her and become good friends. Then my only main friends here won't be guys.

I paused the episode and FaceTimed Shoshannah and said, "Hey, are you free any time soon?"

She signed while speaking, "yeah, this weekend. Why? What's up?"

I said, "well I've been wanting to learn ASL for a long time but never did anything about it and was just watching your first episode of Supernatural and was wondering if you'd teach me? I also wanted to be closer friends with you and thought this would be a great way for that to happen."

She said, "Aw sure! I'd love to teach you!"

I smiled and said, "yay! When this weekend did you want to start? And where do you wanna do it?!"

She thought for a second and said, "what works best for you?"

I took a second then said, "my place, tomorrow? Uhh, 2 o'clock? Oooo and maybe we could make a like sleepover kinda thing out of it?!"

She laughed then said, "sure! See you then!"

I said, "cool! Thank you! Can't wait!"

A/N - this idea is taken from a friend's fic but, if something is underlined, that means it was signed. So the "thank you," for example was signed and spoken since it's underlined and in the quotation marks. But if something is just underlined and not in quotation marks then it was only signed.

She said, "you're welcome!"

I said, "bye! How do you sign 'I love you?'"

She showed me then I said, "I love you too," then we waved bye and hung up.

I smiled and danced a little in my seat because I was so excited as I continued eating.

Jared came in the door, taking his hat off while running his fingers through his hair, and said, "Hey babe, what's got you doing your happy dance?"

I finished chewing then said, "I just made plans for Saturday with Shoshi (A/N- Shoshannah said it was her nickname in an article I read) so she could start teaching me sign language."

Jared said, "that's great babe! What, uh, what started this?"

I said, "I've wanted to learn ASL for years. Like since I was in middle school, but no one ever taught it in schools and stuff and I'd tried to do it with apps but never really got into it. And, well, you know how much I miss you when you're gone so I was sorta on an SPN binge and was watching the episode that Eileen first appears in then started wanting to learn it again so I FaceTimed Shoshannah and asked her and she said sure! And it's gonna be a sleepover kinda thing too so tomorrow by two you have to shoo."

Jared laughed at my rhyme then said, "okay. Sounds like fun! And I'll be at work then so I'll just stay at my place tomorrow night," then sat down and kissed my head as he did so.

I smiled and did my happy dance again then got up to put the spoon in the sink and container in the trash, twirling as I took my last bite and dancing the whole way there.