Barbeque

Zoey POV

It's been about 2 weeks since I came home and today we're having a summer barbecue. Gen and her kids, Jenneel and their kids, and Nay, Shaz, and Tonia were already here. We were waiting on Alex and his girlfriend, Kim, Felicia, Misha, Vicki, and their kids, Erin, Lindsey, and Violet to get here.

Right now, I was sitting on the couch holding Nevaeh while Shaz was holding Tristan. The back door was open so I could clearly hear the kids screaming and laughing in the backyard and it was one of the best sounds ever. Jared and Jensen were at the grill cooking and the girls and I were talking while Jody was curled in Gen's lap.

"So Zo, do you have a favorite kid yet?" Nay asked.

I smiled and looked at both my beautiful babies as I nodded then said, "honestly, I've always loved the name Nevaeh so I thought she'd be my favorite because of that but Tristan's actually easier so him I guess."

The girls nodded and Nay said, "makes sense," as the kids ran into the house and started to go upstairs while screaming and giggling but JJ stopped and said, "Z mom!"

All the kids started to call me that after Odette asked Gen if she could and I thought it was sweet that they all wanted to.

I said, "yes JJ?"

She said, "Jared wants you," then giggled and ran upstairs with the rest of the kids.

I smiled and said okay then walked out to him, still holding Nevaeh.

I pecked his lips and he said, "Hey baby. JJ said you wanted to see me?"

He pecked my lips then reached his hands out to hold Nevaeh as he said, "yeah I wanted to see my babies. Where's Tristan?"

I said, "Shaz is holding him."

He said, "oh okay," then kissed Nevaeh before handing her back to me as Jensen walked up and said, "hey can I see the pretty girl for a minute?"

I smiled and said sure then handed her over after kissing her head then I walked over to the swings and pushed Zepp a few times.

After about 10 minutes, the kids were done with the swings so they ran to the slide and I walked back over to J2 and Nevaeh.

When I was a few feet away, I reached my arms out and said, "gimme my baby back," and smiled.

Jensen handed her over and I greedily grabbed her and cuddled her (I missed holding her) then looked down at a happy smiling baby and said, "oh my gosh! She just smiled at me!"

Jared and Jensen smiled and said, "aw that's amazing!"

I started trying to get her to smile again by tickling her and smiling at her while walking back to the couch. I didn't get her to smile again but was still really happy that she did before.

As I sat down, Misha, Vicki, and their kids, and Alex and his girlfriend got here and came inside. The kids ran outside to the rest of them while the adults came into the living room. Kim, Felicia, Vi, Erin, and Linz had come while I was outside and were sitting on the couch.

Alex introduced his girlfriend, Jenna, then Misha asked to hold Tristan. Shaz's arms had fallen asleep so she gladly gave handed him over before sitting back on the couch next to me.

About 15 minutes later, the kids came and asked if we could all play hide and seek with them and said they mostly wanted Erin, Linz, Vi and I to play with them.

Misha still had Tristan and Danneel had Nevaeh and they were both sleeping so I made myself trust other people with my babies and went to play.

I counted first while everyone hid (inside and outside) then went to find them.

JJ and Maison were found first because they were next to the grill and fighting so I heard them. Then, I found Linz behind the shed because she accidentally leaned on it, Vi was in JJ's room under the comforter (JJ had a lot of pillows so it was a good spot but I knew where all of JJ's pillows went on her bed so it was easy for me to tell), Tom and Shep were in their closet, West was under Tom's bed, Arrow was in the bathtub, Zepp was in the cupboards under the sink, and O was in the dryer.

After everyone was found, we'd been playing for almost an hour and JJ was about to start counting but Jared said dinner was ready. We all ate outside and watched the kids run back and forth from playing and eating.

When I was doing eating, I said, "so, Jared and I have decided to make Kim the twins unofficial grandma, my friends their aunts, and Misha, Felicia, Jensen, and Danneel," they looked up at me as I smiled, "we have decided to make Jensen and Danneel Nevaeh's godparents and Misha and Felicia Tristan's godparents. I trust each and every one of you with them both but Dee and Jensen live close by and I know Danneel loves Nevaeh's name just as much as I do. And Misha and Felicia rhyme so their names sounded cool together. It was honestly very hard to choose between everyone."

The 4 of them smiled and said thank you and that they were honored, Felicia and Dee even getting up to hug us, while everyone else said they understood, then I took a group photo of everyone together.

After we were done eating, everyone helped clean up and the kids played outside for a little bit longer before it got dark.

While they were still outside, I took pictures with Jared, the twins, Misha, Felicia, and Janneel then posted all the pictures on Instagram, tagging everyone, and said, "had a lot of family fun tonight! I hope Misha and Felicia enjoy being Tristan's godparents and Jensen and Danneel enjoy being Nevaeh's. Love y'all!"

After everyone came inside, the kids asked to watch a movie but all the parents said it was getting late and they needed to get home. None of the kids wanted to leave so Jared said, "if you guys are good and listen and be quiet when we ask then you can stay, if it's okay with your parents."

The kids all smiled and started asking if they could stay. Tom, Shep, and O didn't really have to ask Gen but they still did anyway, even though they were probably going to stay here either way, and she was okay with it. JJ stayed here most nights so Jensen and Dee had no issues with her, they just made the twins promise to be quiet because of the babies. Misha and Vicki knew that West and Maison knew how to listen so they said that as long as they behaved then they could.

All the kids said yay then asked me if we could all sleep in a big fort in the living room. I smiled and said sure then told them to say bye to their parents.

Once everyone left, I put Nevaeh and Tristan in their cribs since they were sleeping then we all turned the living room into a giant fort. We had Tom and Shep's comforters on the floor to lay on then mine and Jared's comforter, the one from the guest room, and the one from Odette's room to cover up with. Above us we used 2 of those top sheets that no one ever uses tied together, which actually looked kinda cool. Then, we had 2 sheets hanging over the sheets like a door that we could pull back to watch a movie.

After that was done, I put Nevaeh and Tristan's bassinets next to where Jared and I would be sleeping then quietly and carefully moved them in there. Then, I got snacks while Jared helped everyone get settled in and picked a movie out.

When I came back, I passed out popcorn bags and we watched the new Tom and Jerry movie, which everyone except Jared and I fell asleep during. After the kids were asleep, Jared and I did a final nightly check on all the doors and animals before checking on the twins and the older kids and finally went to sleep ourselves with his arms wrapped around me, though Odette still somehow managed to wiggle her way in between us by the morning.

A/N - hope you enjoy! And if you haven't yet, go listen to Jensen's new album, it's amazing! Remember; Always Keep Fighting, Love Yourself First, You Are Not Alone, and You Define You. Love y'all!

Quote of the Week: "We're proud of y'all, we love y'all." - Jared Padalecki

I love this quote because it reminds me that they really do all love us and are proud of us. I also use it as a reminder to keep fighting sometimes.