Court

Jared POV

I woke up and groaned as I stretched then turned my alarm off. I got up and showered and got dressed then woke up the kids, telling them to get dressed because Zoey and Tonia were taking them to Six Flags.

After they were up and getting dressed, I went downstairs and made them PB&J's and set out Sunny D's next to them on the counter. Then, I grabbed a big tote bag and put extra clothes, sunscreen, swimsuits, extra pairs of shoes, and towels in it, placing the sandwiches and Sunny D's in the side pockets.

As I placed the bag on the counter, Zoey knocked and I walked to open it. She was barely in the house when all 3 kids ran into her screaming, "ZOEY!!"

She laughed and hugged them then said, "Hi guys! You ready to have fun today?!"

They said, "YEAH!" 

She said, "okay then. Go get in the car. Tonia will help you get in!" then turned to hug me and said hey.

After the hug, we kissed then I handed her their bag and she said, "good luck."

I said, "Thanks, baby. Love you," and kissed her cheek. 

She said, "Love you too babe," then stood on her tiptoes to peck my lips before opening the door and we walked to our cars then waved bye as we got in and pulled out. 

I drove the 10 minutes to the courthouse doing my best to keep myself calm and hope that Genevieve doesn't start anything. 

When I got there, I parked in front then went to the room I was directed to. It was a small one; only a desk and 2 chairs, with the lawyer behind the desk. Genevieve was already there, of course, and was talking to the lawyer. 

I sat in the chair next to her and let her finish talking. Once they were done, I stood and shook the lawyer's hand then said hi to Genevieve as he introduced himself as James Cook. We all sat back down and Genevieve glared at me as James said, "Jared, I've heard her side of this. What is yours?"

I said, "well, I'm not sure what she told you but I have been suspicious of her cheating on me for a few weeks, though I wasn't sure until I came home early from work one day to surprise her and heard her in our room with someone else. Then, the two times I confronted her about it, she never denied it and one time even turned it around on me and said I was the one cheating and that it was with the new girl on the show. It took me a few days but I decided to file for divorce because I'm tired of all the yelling and cheating is something that I can't forgive. Plus, she and I haven't really been in love for a while. We're just sort of comfortable at this point and, to me at least, that's not a reason to stay with someone."

James nodded then said okay and looked down at the paperwork on his desk when Genevieve stood up and said, "REALLY! YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE THIS MY FAULT?! YOU NEVER ASK ME ANYTHING ANYMORE. YOU NEVER REALLY TALK TO ME EVEN UNLESS IT'S ABOUT THE FUCKING KIDS OR YOUR STUPID SHOW! YOU DON'T EVEN CHECK IN TO SEE HOW I'M DOING OR DID YOU EVER EVEN CONSIDER THE FACT THAT I MIGHT WANT TO GET BACK INTO ACTING?!"

I took a deep breath and turned to her then said, "Genevieve, I never talk to you because you don't seem to ever want to talk anymore so, I keep the communication to a minimum and stick to stuff we have to talk about like my work schedule and the kids. And you knew when you started dating me and then also when you married me that I was on a TV show. You could've said no to having kids at any time Genevive. Or we could have always found a babysitter or nanny or something so you could get back into acting if you really wanted to. All you had to do is come talk to me."

She stood there with her arms crossed and glaring at me for a few seconds then said, "WHAT ABOUT FUCKING ZOEY OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS?! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH HER?! LONGER THAN I'VE BEEN WITH ANYONE PROBABLY. THAT'S PROBABLY HOW THAT BITCH GOT THE AUDITION EVEN."