Chapter 5: The New Apples Strike

That monday, it was a whole new week and Abby and Dominic talked to the girls as the moms watched.

"We don't have a lot to say, but we want to look at what fourth place looks like." Abby simply stated to the girls. "For this weekend, we'll be traveling to Vorhees, New Jersey and there, we will be competing at On Stage America and we'll say this one and only one, we do not want to be fourth again! Let's start with pyramid."

Pyramid was done an the assignments came next, there were three solos that went to Nia, who's solo was called A Hundred Years From Now, Kendall's solo was named Owe You Nothing and Chloe's solo was known as Left In The Dark.

The next day, Dominic was sitting at the front desk and he was in a foul mood as Abby came in.

"Dom, are you ok?" Abby asked, concerned on why her son was mad.

"Mom, i gave a call to On Stage America to make sure our routines were in the right categories and when i asked about what other studios that were going to be there, they didn't give any names but they said a studio from Chicago, Illinois, which is us and get this, they let me know that one studio from Canton, Ohio was coming as well and you can probably guess who that is." Dominic fumed.

"Cathy." Abby muttered, fuming as well.

"I bet she'll be coming back with a vengeance after we clobbered her at Nationals last season and we do not want to be fourth in front of those rotten apples or Cathy'll never let us hear the end of it." Dominic sighed.

"You know it."

Up in the observation room, the moms were chattering and then they heard footsteps coming from downstairs and coming up the stairs was Dominic.

"Hey, Domino." Kelly greeted. "What's going on?"

"I called On Stage America and talked to one of the competition directors. I asked which studios were going to be there and said one of them was a studio from Chicago, which is us and another was going to be from Ohio and you know what that is." Dominic responded as the moms groaned, knowing that Cathy now has a team.

"Not the Granny Apple." Melissa said.

"Abby's gonna work our girls even harder. Holly stated.

"If we don't win against Cathy, You and your mother are likely to be like 'We told you so' and Cathy'd likely would rub her victory in our face." Christi added.

"Any word on who Cathy has on her team?" Jill wondered.

"I tried to do some digging on who Cathy's got on her team, but nothing came up." Dominic answered.

It was the morning of the competition and the time was 6:30 am and Kendall's solo was being rehearsed while Dominic helped Gianna teach the group to make sure the girls nailed and they saw a lot of flaws, especially from Kendall.

"Kendall, how many times have we told you stop marking things?!" Abby roared. "Maddie doesn't have a solo and had we given her one, she would not mark it and Chloe has a solo and she hasn't marked things either! They have done their solos full out in all the time they've been in this studio! Even Dominic never marked things in his dances!"

"Also, when you are doing those turns, we can tell that your face is ridiculous!" Dominic added. "Mom, to tell you the truth, i don't think Kendall can handle what's on her plate and i also found out that Jill did not bring her costume for her solo."

"Good point." Gianna said

"I'm going to dismiss you and Kendall, we don't think you will be doing your solo!" Abby commented. "Next time, keep reminding your mother to bring your costume!"