Chapter 5 (Act II): Nobody's Safe

A week had passed and it was the day prior to comeptition and in Atlanta, Georgia, there was a building known as Center Stage Theater, a performing arts theather and that was where Abby was holding the second open call auditions and like usual, Dominic came with her and a row of auditioning dancers and their parents, which were mostly moms were all in the building and when Abby and Cameron came on the stage, everyone cheered them as Melissa and Christi were there helping them out which meant that Maddie, Mackenzie and Chloe, decked out in their ALDC jackets would be leading the auditioning process.

"Hello!" Dominic greeted.

"Thanks, everybody!" Abby added. "Thanks for coming out today. This is the second of our three auditions and my studio, the Abby Lee Dance Company that is based in Chicago, Illinois is looking for replacements. The time has come and lazy slugs have gotta go."

The auditioners came on to the stage, spread apart and the dancing started as Abby and her son were lookong for dancers that had high kicks, overstretched splits, fantastic flexibility and had to have the look.

"Hold the phone! The girl with the horrid looking haircut, can you please get out of here?" Dominic asked dancer #403, a girl with short hair and she approached him as he and Abby found the girl's mother in the audience. "Ma'am, you are limited her marketability and the jobs she can get with the look."

Dancer #403 got the ax and rehearsals continued as Abby and her son continued to make cuts to auditioning dancers that were messing up and at one point as they watched and continued observing and after Dancer #003, a small girl from Atlanta was cut, she approached The Millers.

"Hold up, where are you going?" Abby asked.

"I will work hard and train hard for you." Dancer #003 said.

"How old are you? Dominic wondered.

"11."

"We have Maddie and she's 11."

"I believe i can work hard and train hard and one day be able to beat whoever i need for you." Dancer #003 told them and then another voice was heard

"Give her a second chance!" The voice came from her mother as cheers were heard. "Give her a second chance!"

Abby and Dominic looked at each other and rolled their eyes in annoyance

"Somehow i knew this was bound to happen." Dominic sighed.

"It was." Abby stated, she and her son were firm and told the mother that there were no second chances, but the mother continued to run her mouth and it made the Millers have her thrown out of the building and some other moms attempted to verbally fight them after their daughters got cut, but Abby and Dominic stood firm and shut them up. When the auditions were done, they, Melissa, Christi, Maddie, Mackenzie and Chloe returned to the Atlanta Marriott Marquis hotel.

The upcoming weekend, they competed and Maddie got 1st for her solo in the junior soloist division, Mackenzie got 2nd in the mini soloist division, Chloe, Kendall and Paige's trio got 1st in the junior trio division despite Kendall messing up and the group got 1st, which made it 4 consecutive wins for the Abby Lee Dance Company, but little did they know, they were about to be minus one dancer...