Chapter 8: Arrival of Kristie and Asia

Some time had passed and the day was January 28th and at the competition in Benardsville on December 22nd, which was before the christmas break, Maddie and Mackenzie got 2nd in their solo divisions, Nia and Kendall's duet got 5th and the girls got 2nd and the group had Nick Dobbs in the group. Two weeks later, they went to Minneapolis, Minnesota to compete at In10sity and the group got 7th, Brooke got 2nd, Kendall got 4th and Maddie got 2nd in their solo divisions and Mackenzie had an extra bone in her foot. and also, Mackenzie was benched because she did cartwheels. The weekend after, the girls got 1st and had finally beaten the Candy Apples' all boy team, who got 2nd despite Cathy hiring a choreographer named Anthony Burrell, who worked with Abby and Dominic on AUDC, Jalen got 6th, Kendall got 2nd and Maddie got 1st in the junior soloist division and also, Chloe and Paige finally got their duet and it got 1st and in addition, a boy named Nick Daniels joined the Candy Apples with his mother, Donna. Two days ago, the girls won the overall group, Chloe got 1st and Kendall got 3rd in the junior soloist division and Maddie and Mackenzie had a duet that got 1st at Xpressions in Grand Rapids.

The girls and moms were in Studio A as Abby and Dominic talked about the previous competition.

"Congratulations, girls." Abby said as applause was heard. "We had another fantastic weekend. You won the overall high score and that was very important and that's where we wanted to be, number one, now it's pyramid time."

After Pyramid was done, there was an additional photo that was over the pyramid.

"Dominic, would you like to reveal the photo over the pyramid?"

"Sure thing." Dominic unveiled the photo and in it was a girl around 7 with brown hair and brown eyes with a fierce expression on her face, her name is Asia Monet Ray and she was a part of AUDC. "Girls, you've got a new teammate and this studio's got a new member, Asia's gonna join the team. She was a contestant for the Ultimate Dance Competition that i helped my mom judge this past summer and her mother signed the same contract you moms signed and they're here for the duration of this season and you never know, they might be on the team next seaon if they'd like. Asia wants to learn from us and to tell you the truth, there isn't any competition among you. We don' t think you challenge each other enough. Maddie and Chloe challenge each other as they want to make each other better dancers."

"Moms, here's a little warning and get this through your thick skills, don't even try to chase Asia and her mother out, especially you, Jill or somebody's going to feel our wraths." Abby warned.

The girls had excited looks on their faces and even Mackenzie, even though she was nervous inside because she was worried that Abby would replace her and the moms looked at each others Jill wasn't a happy camper over having a new member of the team.

"Also, this weekend we'll be heading to Highland, Michigan and before i left for school this morning, mom and i got word that the Wicked Witch of the West and those rotten apples are going to be there." Dominic said.

"Yikes." Brooke stated.

"What Brooke said." Chloe added.

"Ok, our group routine is known as Return To Grace and it will have everybody except for Mackenzie and Asia. Also, we have a trio that will feature Kendall, Maddie and Chloe and Asia is going to have a solo, known as Rock That. Girls, let's begin by warming up and moms, you're dismissed." Abby told everybody.

The week passed with the rehearsals for the group and trio and in the middle of the week, Abby and Dominic talked to Melissa and Christi and informed them that they were going to preserve their late dog, Broadway Baby and it was currently it was two days prior to competition and the girls and moms were in the Dancer's Den waiting for Asia and her mother to arrive.