Chapter 9 (Act II): Fallon

The day was January 6th and it was 2014 as New Year's Eve had come and gone and on that day, Abby took Dominic and Brooke to Navy Pier to watch the fireworks to ring in 2014 and when midnight struck, the fireworks went off and that meant the new year had arrived and Brooke kissed Dominic and Abby hugged them both and at the studio, Abby and Dominic were talking about the new team.

"Mom, we may have talked about this before, but since we're building this new team, how do we know who will be the best choices for the new team?" Dominic wondered.

"We'll try out these kids to see how they work with this group, how they do at a competition and you just never know, we could have somebody on the current team be a part of the new team and also this week, we'll try one of them out." Abby replied and minutes later, a BMW X3 arrived abd as the vehicle parked, the passenger side door opened and getting out was an 11 year old girl with brown hair named Fallon Chapman, who had auditioned for Abby in Orlando and coming from the driver's seat was a woman with brown hair named Cheryl Chapman, who is Fallon's mom and they entered the studio.

"Hello." Fallon and Cheryl greeted.

"Hello, Fallon. Hello, Cheryl." Abby responded to the greeting. "Fallon, Cheryl, you remember my son Dominic, he accompanied me to the Orlando auditions."

"We do." Cheryl stated.

"How's it going, Dominic?" Fallon asked.

"I'm doing great, how about you?" Dominic said.

"We're doing good." Cheryl responded to him, then later on, when the girls and moms arrived, they were introduced to Cheryl and Fallon before Pyramid in Studio A. Fallon was there because Kalani was given the week off and she and Kira were understanding.

"All right, this weekend, we will be heading to In10sity in Toledo, Ohio and you all know what that means when it comes to Ohio and that is Rotten....Apples. We're going to have to deal with that accursed moron again and we're going for victory number 10 and can you imagine what your life is going to be like if she beats us?" Dominic told the girls and moms, who cringed at the thought. "Over to you, mom."

"Thanks. All right, you will all be in the group named and Fallon, you have a solo named Voices In My Head and we're not talking about the Randy Orton theme, Fallon, this can either make you or break you and we have another solo which goes to Nia, it's known as Just Rain." Abby said before Holly raised her hand. "Yes, Holly?"

"Abby, Dominic, do you think it would be a good idea if the kids cheer Mrs. Miller up if we could take her mind off of everything?" Holly suggested.

"Sounds like a fantastic idea, the girls could do a little show for the other people there and if grandma is feeling well enough and she wants to come out and watch, that would be fantastic." Dominic said. "All righty, moms, you can head out and girls, spread out and warm up."

The moms went into the observation room and the girls warmed up, then later on that evening, Abby, Dominic, the moms and girls all went to JourneyCare, a hospice on Clinton and Randolph that Maryen was in, the girls did a little show for Maryen and the other patients that were there and even Dominic did a little dance which made Maryen smile because it reminder her of the times that her grandson would do a dance to cheer her and/or Abby up when they were feeling down.

At the studio two days later, Fallon was working on her solo as the moms were watching and Abby and Dominic did their usual critique on Fallon's dancing and it was obvious that she was not picking up on the choreography like the other girls could.

"If the girls don't win this week, they'll have to live with that next week." Kelly said.

"Yeah, Abby and Dominic probably will not let the girls hear the end of that if it happens." Christi added.